• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rangers appointing an Administrator."

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    The club are investigating coins being thrown onto the pitch at this weekends games, officials have yet to say if they were missiles or it was a formal take over bid.

Leave a comment:

• BrianP
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    The Lithuanian State Circus ? I think you'll find the 'Well are well ahead of that shower of pikeys.
    WTMS +1

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Whatever happened to the Atlantic League idea? Sounded a good 'un to me.

It would be more competitive for Celtic (and Rangers when they return) and, dare I say it, more attractive for sponsors.

And more competitive for the teams left in the Scottish league.
    WDSS

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Whatever happened to the Atlantic League idea? Sounded a good 'un to me.

It would be more competitive for Celtic (and Rangers when they return) and, dare I say it, more attractive for sponsors.

And more competitive for the teams left in the Scottish league.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Good point. And if Rangers are forced into liquidation then that will be a couple more games that your manager won't have you throwing away to help the Govan knuckledraggers too.

You might just be able to hold onto third. But do Motherwell have enough cash salted away to afford passports for the squad if you DO get into Europe?

As long as we can get a cheap hotel deal on lastminute.com

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    The Lithuanian State Circus ? I think you'll find the 'Well are well ahead of that shower of pikeys.
    Good point. And if Rangers are forced into liquidation then that will be a couple more games that your manager won't have you throwing away to help the Govan knuckledraggers too.

You might just be able to hold onto third. But do Motherwell have enough cash salted away to afford passports for the squad if you DO get into Europe?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    But only if Hearts go bust too. And on that topic......................

BBC Sport - Hearts say tax bill now settled

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    All that, and without them, Motherwell would win the SPL this season
    But only if Hearts go bust too. And on that topic......................

BBC Sport - Hearts say tax bill now settled

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Rumour going round that Rangers will be pulling out of the league and signing up for the Conference.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Without the old firm rivalry, what is left of the league? Where are the big games of the future going to be? How is the SPL going to attract top players? Who is going to pour money into the game from a sponsorship perspective? Don't Celtic fans need Rangers around. As a real outside observer, seems like a pyrrhic victory of sorts.
    Even as it stands the SPL does not attract really top players, and there is relatively little sponsorship money from TV companies.
    My best guess is that some phoenix version of Rangers will emerge from the wreckage of all this and rise back to the top of the game in as little as a few years.
    But for now I am simply going to celebrate. Not our fault they overspent money that was not theirs, and they fully deserve whatever is coming to them.
    My team has lost a number of closely run league titles due to the fact that Rangers have been fielding expensive players that they have bought immorally with our taxes. Serves them right, and the same goes for any other teams that operate this way.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Without the old firm rivalry, what is left of the league? Where are the big games of the future going to be? How is the SPL going to attract top players? Who is going to pour money into the game from a sponsorship perspective? Don't Celtic fans need Rangers around. As a real outside observer, seems like a pyrrhic victory of sorts.
    As a non Old Firm Scottish football fan, i'd like to see the back of both of them. Sure, the Sky TV money, such as it is would be reduced and clubs would have to live on gate money and although the standard may drop in the short term, there would at least be competition. F**k both of them. Two cheeks of the same arse in my opinion

All that, and without them, Motherwell would win the SPL this season

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Officially in administration;

BBC News - Rangers Football Club enters administration

10 points deducted...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Why's that? Would it turn you on? It would, wouldn't it you disgusting little boy!
    You'd like it if it did.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    FTFY
    So, if you took the Sky money out of English football, what do you think the standard would be like ?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    They should also be forced to play in pink leotards with a print of King Billy being rogered by Graham Norton.
    Why's that? Would it turn you on? It would, wouldn't it you disgusting little boy!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X