• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "QE puts UK in 'better position than Germany'"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Sorry
    I'll just kick you in the b0ll0x myself and we'll call it even!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    That's just below the belt friend.

Sorry

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I genuinely feel sorry for you.
    No friends, no family, no property, a limited intellect, a not very successful company that is your life. Sad.
    That's just below the belt friend.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I think it is likely to lose that particular quality once it becomes common knowledge that you are in residence. Moping around with your gormless hangdog expression, constantly whining about your inherited wealth and boring every one to distraction with your puerile pseudo-intellectual gibberish.

Have you just started or finished your shift?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I guess they did not teach you in that Red Brick Uni of yours that staying liquid at bad times is better than sinking your money into property in a far away country that is about to go bankrupt.

One can only imagine high taxes on holiday homes bought by "wealthy" foreigners there to close budget deficit. It would certainly be popular with the locals there.
    I genuinely feel sorry for you.
    No friends, no family, no property, a limited intellect, a not very successful company that is your life. Sad.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    It's a holiday home and future retirement house in an idyllic area.
    I think it is likely to lose that particular quality once it becomes common knowledge that you are in residence. Moping around with your gormless hangdog expression, constantly whining about your inherited wealth and boring every one to distraction with your puerile pseudo-intellectual gibberish.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It even has a small vineyard
    I'd offer to buy a few bottles of first crop but I prefer to know what I am drinking

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I can't see a holiday home in Portugal doing well. Personally I would have waited until after Portugal leaves the Euro.
    It's a holiday home and future retirement house in an idyllic area. It even has a small vineyard
    Not everything is an investment, money should be enjoyed

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Relative to cretins like you and DP, yes.
    HTH
    I suppose you've made your money growing rocket:

I guess it grows well on your fertile ground in Wandsworth.

What was the sell price - £1 for a bunch?

Any mods bored enough to change sasguru's title to "Rocket Planter"? tia

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Since when has intelligence correlated with earning power?

You're right. Perhaps DP owes his massive fortune to his string of kebab shops.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So now you are saying that you are a rocket scientist?
    Relative to cretins like you and DP, yes.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I think in case of sasguru such correlation is very strong indeed.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Feck me AtW, I give up.

All I am saying that he could have done far more than he did, even though most likely that would have cost him his cushy job in BoE and he would only be addressed as Sir in some shops.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    He could have resigned very publicly, but he'd chosen to go along with it. His complicity in printing money that the Govt wants is a sure sign that he was as complicit with the supposedly other Labour Govt in the past.

I also maintain that he could have kept rates higher - at no point during last decade inflation (even as measured by Govt) was close to 0, so he could have done something about it, but instead he chose to go with the flow to his nice inflation busting pension pot measured in many millions.
    Feck me AtW, I give up.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    As for my jobs contract or otherwise I'm betting I consistently earn more than you, since I'm reasonably sure from your posts that you're no rocket scientist

I remember our careers master told us he once told a boy he was stupid and would go nowhere. He turned up 5 years in a jag to wave two fingers at him - he had earned a fortune in the scrap metal business.

Personally I am only worried about what I earn and that I can provide for my kids. Whether those on here earn more or les than me is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X