• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Opting or Opting out"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Knowing my users, there's only one sign that would have covered the vast, vast majority of them.
    That's the challenge - to find the differentiator.

Big dickhead
    Tiny dickhead

Premmy
    Big
    Tiny

Left handed versions of above.

etc.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I used to work with a guy who'd learned to sign. He explained that for a person, you'd pick on a characteristic and mime that (a bit like your German thing). We spent a happy afternoon coming up with signs for all our users .
    Knowing my users, there's only one sign that would have covered the vast, vast majority of them.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Taita View Post
    Where specifically does it give guidance on opting in/out AWR? There is no such choice. I think you mean the Conduct of EA/EB Regulations and the EA/EB is not allowed to coerce the worker one way or the other.
    Yeah. WIS:

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Ummm - that's the guidance on AWR.

Not on the agency regulations. One cannot opt in or out of AWR.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    He sounds clever. I used to speak a tiny bit of sign language. I once had a deaf PM who taught me a few useful words.

Well, not speak obviously, but I could make some shapes. 'German' was a finger sticking up over your head, like their WW1 helmets. I still remember the alphabet.

Can this Belgian speak sign language as well?
    I used to work with a guy who'd learned to sign. He explained that for a person, you'd pick on a characteristic and mime that (a bit like your German thing). We spent a happy afternoon coming up with signs for all our users .

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    And he speaks Russian, some mandarin, some Thai and some Japanese. Churchy struggles with sign language.
    He also lies well enough to be an agent.

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    Over there in the CUK Navigation box under "Agency Workers Regulations" or click this Agency Workers Regulations AWR / Directive for IT Contractors AWD 2011
    Where specifically does it give guidance on opting in/out AWR? There is no such choice. I think you mean the Conduct of EA/EB Regulations and the EA/EB is not allowed to coerce the worker one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Where do they speak Walloon? I thought that was another name for the Belgian language.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    And Flemish?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    What, that can speak Belgian?

I knew a bloke from up north once who could speak a bit of Esperanto. Self taught he was. Is that like Belgian?
    Well as there is no Belgian language (its French, German or Dutch) I would say probably as good as a native

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    He sounds clever. I used to speak a tiny bit of sign language. I once had a deaf PM who taught me a few useful words.

Well, not speak obviously, but I could make some shapes. 'German' was a finger sticking up over your head, like their WW1 helmets. I still remember the alphabet.

Apparently he can but only when ones back is turned

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    And he speaks Russian, some mandarin, some Thai and some Japanese. Churchy struggles with sign language.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

I knew a bloke from up north once who could speak a bit of Esperanto. Self taught he was. Is that like Belgian?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    **** him off, there're plenty more contractors who can do that role in Warrington!

Leave a comment:

• rd409
    replied
    Notice I am ignoring the "cheap shots" about my stupidity and professionalism.
    however thanks to you all I have just sorted it out. He is going to opt in.
    You dear Sir are probably the only Agent, who is happy that the candidate is staying opt in. But then you are our own Dodgy

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I dont care what he does as long as he does something.
    **** him off, there're plenty more contractors who can do that role in Warrington!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X