• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Lib Dem landslide

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lib Dem landslide"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    I thought all the polls were saying the Lib Dems were dead in the water?? Or is there something fishy going on here?
    Local and national are too different things. I think that the local LD council has been better than the Labour one was before that, so would vote LD at the next local elections.

I wouldn't do the same thing in a general election, though.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    They're both 'up north' to me.

WHS. And both no doubt full of benefit sponging chavs who'd never vote Tory anyway.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yep, one oop north the other not.
    They're both 'up north' to me.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Eh, there's two Newcastle's?

I prefer Schnitzel.
    Yep, one oop north the other not.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Newcastle-under-Lyme not Newcastle upon Tyne you sausage eating numpty!
    Eh, there's two Newcastle's?

I prefer Schnitzel.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Would have thought Newcastle way would have been Labour stronghold.
    Newcastle-under-Lyme not Newcastle upon Tyne you sausage eating numpty!

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    True, true, I will be ineterested to see what it is...

Only 1,300 votes as well...

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    I would guess that there was some special circumstances here, perhaps the labour candidate was involved in a scandal? I would not make a prediction based on this.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Would have thought Newcastle way would have been Labour stronghold.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    started a topic Lib Dem landslide

Lib Dem landslide

It's only a council by-election but...

Madeley Ward, Newcastle-under-Lyme BC. LD gain from Lab. LD 617 (47.7%, +21.7), Lab 342 (26.4%, -7.9), Con 294 (22.7%, -8.9), UKIP 41 (3.2%, -4.8). Swing of 14.8% from Lab to LD.

I thought all the polls were saying the Lib Dems were dead in the water?? Or is there something fishy going on here?

Working...
X