• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good news for England Cricket Fans"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Yes they have, they were re-interpreted for Murilitheran.

He obviously threw, so they examined his action and defined the maximum straightening 'angle' in the throw to 15 degrees, to allow him to carry on bowling.

In laboratory conditions (where the tests take place) it is easy to bowl within that. But not out in the middle where a bowler is looking to rip it (and where they are not tested).
    Murali was called in 1995. The rules were modified in 2005 after biomechanical analysis of a number of bowlers.

Since 2005, four bowlers have been banned / sanctioned - 2 Pakistanis, 1 Bangladeshi, 1 South African and 1 English.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    The bowling rules haven't been re-interpreted, though. They have been consistent for a number of years. The Pakistani spinner (can't remember which one it was) who has a "suspect" action has been investigated by the ICC and they have cleared him against the current rules.
    Yes they have, they were re-interpreted for Murilitheran.

He obviously threw, so they examined his action and defined the maximum straightening 'angle' in the throw to 15 degrees, to allow him to carry on bowling.

In laboratory conditions (where the tests take place) it is easy to bowl within that. But not out in the middle where a bowler is looking to rip it (and where they are not tested).

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Eh? Nothing to do with hearts and minds, just keeping test cricket going. You asked a question and I gave you the answer.

Mind you, I do object to the rules of fair bowling being changed/re-interpreted every time a new chucker comes out of the sub-continent.
    It was when you mentioned "greater good", I thought that has something to do with keeping the little chaps occupied and away from bomb making websites.

Someone should teach them the rules of "Hide & Seek", they're crap at that, what with Bin Laden hiding right under their noses and half the ******* Taliban leaping over the border at every chance.

The Yanks can bomb the bastard place off the face of the earth for all I care.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So will England still be ranked number one after this?
    Yes.

If South Africa beat New Zealand 3-0 in their next series, then we drop to second. It's a shame that the SA-Eng series is only going to be three tests, as it could be a cracker.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    3-0 whitewash. First time England have been whitewashed by Pakistan. Second time in succession that the number one ranked side in the world has been whitewashed.

Pakistan have played well this series, against massive adversity. Fair play to them and they deserve some congratulations on their performance this series.
    So will England still be ranked number one after this?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    3-0 whitewash. First time England have been whitewashed by Pakistan. Second time in succession that the number one ranked side in the world has been whitewashed.

Pakistan have played well this series, against massive adversity. Fair play to them and they deserve some congratulations on their performance this series.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Eh? Nothing to do with hearts and minds, just keeping test cricket going. You asked a question and I gave you the answer.

Mind you, I do object to the rules of fair bowling being changed/re-interpreted every time a new chucker comes out of the sub-continent.
    The bowling rules haven't been re-interpreted, though. They have been consistent for a number of years. The Pakistani spinner (can't remember which one it was) who has a "suspect" action has been investigated by the ICC and they have cleared him against the current rules.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Hearts and minds?

Bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    For the great-er good.

I cheated a bit there.
    Hearts and minds?

Bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Will someone please explain in words of one syllable, why the **** do we keep playing the cheating terrorist bastards?
    For the great-er good.

I cheated a bit there.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    BBC Sport - Pakistan v England: Ian Bell passed fit for third Test

Phew - the man that is averaging 8 so far this series is fit to play in the final test.

That should save the series

Oh.
    Will someone please explain in words of one syllable, why the **** do we keep playing the cheating terrorist bastards?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    117-3. I hope that England can still salvage a draw.
    And 4 down.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    117-3. I hope that England can still salvage a draw.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Yep 3-0 Pakistan whitewash.

From here it's how long they can bat for, and how vast the margin of defeat is going to be.
    When we used to lose 5-0 to West Indies, everyone happily called it a Blackwash. Would that be 'allowed' today? And assuming Pakistan win, could we call the current series a Brownwash?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Well we seem to be fecked again.

I wouldn't back England to get much over 100 in the last innings on those tracks.
    Yep 3-0 Pakistan whitewash.

From here it's how long they can bat for, and how vast the margin of defeat is going to be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X