• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "RBS Risks Row Over 'Unacceptable' Stephen Hester £1m Bonus"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Yes we promised he could keep his salary in the past, but now we've changed our minds, why shouldn't we take it back?
    I think only a custodial sentence will do.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    On what grounds?
    Because he got us into this mess (which is more than can be said for Hester in the case of RBS). Yes we promised he could keep his salary in the past, but now we've changed our minds, why shouldn't we take it back?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    It's high time we moved to claw back some of Gordon Brown's salary from the past 10 years.
    On what grounds?

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    It's high time we moved to claw back some of Gordon Brown's salary from the past 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Think positively - it's 5% more than you deserved.
    touche

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I just wish I could find some. 5% if we are lucky these days
    Think positively - it's 5% more than you deserved.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    It's a hard life for an agent to find a sucker who'd agree to accept 80-20 cut.
    I just wish I could find some. 5% if we are lucky these days
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 30 January 2012, 18:15.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I spend all day on the telephone and most of the time the person I want is never there
    It's a hard life for an agent to find a sucker who'd agree to accept 80-20 cut.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Don't you have some contractors to fleece or hired somebody else to do your job?
    I spend all day on the telephone and most of the time the person I want is never there so having the screen open on CUK stops me getting bored I delegate the rest.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Sorry Atw

Don't you have some contractors to fleece or hired somebody else to do your job?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

I am not quite sure what your point is other than a rant based on the back of mindless proletariat posturings and an envy that someone should dare to be more successful than yow

Sorry Atw

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I am not quite sure what your point is other than a rant based on the back of mindless proletariat posturings and an envy that someone should dare to be more successful than you

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    This, from a man who owns a search engine.

Must spread some around etc.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    No, but 5 years in a company that exists for 100+ years is fook all. How many of those execs actually grown through that ranks of company in the first place? They get parachuted on top with massive bonus and nothing to lose.
    If only it were that simple to fit into your binary view of everything AtW.

There are no top execs in their 3rd decade with a company. John Clare of DSG is about the longest serving.
    terry leahy is a long term Tesco guy, so good were Tesco at building management talent that when Leahy retired there was only room for one of them to take over. So now all the Tesco talent has dissipated around the market and plying their skills at companies such as homebase/home retail group, WH smith etc etc and all the better they are for it too.

On the other side we have the recently left CEO of premier foods ( Robert Schofield a lifer who would now struggle to get a job as a recruitment consultant ) taking what was once one of the UKs top FMCG companies to the brink of disaster to be replaced by Michael Clarke formerly of Kraft.

Then we have Richard Greenbury of Marks and Spencer who joined in 1972 and became CEO in 1988 where he was responsible for the success of M&S but who had to be replaced when markets changed (and he didnt) and M&S profits declined and he was replaced by another long term director. When he failed he was replaced by Stuart Rose and now Marc Bolland from outside.

I am not quite sure what your point is other than a rant based on the back of mindless proletariat posturings and an envy that someone should dare to be more successful than you
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 30 January 2012, 16:51.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    As I said I can't find link to back up my words
    This, from a man who owns a search engine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X