• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Benefits Cap

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Benefits Cap"

Collapse

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    Should I say at the interview:

"I only want a job with you so I can save up enough money to get the hell out of Cumbria, and when I am gone they can drop the bomb on it as far as I'm concerned"

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I read the 1st post, guess the rest is lefty whinging and hand wringing sprinkled with piss taking and boasting and then read the last post.

Usually works.
    At least you've progressed to reading the end as well.

Normally, Daily Mail readers don't get that far.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    It might be basic stuff if you receive it where as I do not, therefore why would I actually know what it has changed to regardless of name it's still the same.
    Except you quoted both names as if they were two separate benefits and as part of a comment masquerading as some kind of infomed comment when it was in fact bollocks

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
    Oh well,you missed our agenda for when we take over. Not long now.

Get ready for the sound of clogs at 5:30am, and the sight of flat caps, braces and whippets in a street near you :-)

(Nurse !!!...He's out of bed again...)

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

Get ready for the sound of clogs at 5:30am, and the sight of flat caps, braces and whippets in a street near you :-)

You we're lucky! When I were a lad we had to......

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I read the 1st post, guess the rest is lefty whinging and hand wringing sprinkled with piss taking and boasting and then read the last post.

Usually works.

(Nurse !!!...He's out of bed again...)

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Things will be better once we are poorer than the rest of Europe and so far we appear to be winning the race to the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Can we have a summary? I only read the last page.

Usually works.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 23 January 2012, 22:13.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

I give up. It's just like the last 74 posts never happened, isn't it?
    Can we have a summary? I only read the last page.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    "Move to the SE then. Even sasguru with the intellect of a gnat earns > £200K.

Secure a job and then rent a house".

You don't honestly expect me to read all that crap about poor people do you?

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    "Move to the SE then. Even sasguru with the intellect of a gnat earns > £200K.

Secure a job and then rent a house".

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Well, in the Soviet Union it was half-way to slavery. We could do better.

At the risk of drawing a comparison with 'Arbeit Macht Frei', I would (after nearly two years on the bench) tell you with some authority that paid work is freedom, and life on the dole is slavery, depression and misery.

I hope it never happens to you.
    Move to the SE then. Even sasguru with the intellect of a gnat earns > £200K.

Secure a job and then rent a house.

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    Well, in the Soviet Union it was half-way to slavery. We could do better.

At the risk of drawing a comparison with 'Arbeit Macht Frei', I would (after nearly two years on the bench) tell you with some authority that paid work is freedom, and life on the dole is slavery, depression and misery.

I hope it never happens to you.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I daresay that we will get the usual "Poles doing work that the Brits are too bone idle to take" guff. But like I said, with high employment, you could allocate somebody a job.
    Like the Soviet Union !

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    I daresay that we will get the usual "Poles doing work that the Brits are too bone idle to take" guff. But like I said, with high employment, you could allocate somebody a job.

I wish someone would allocate me one, but even the minimum-wage dumps are shutting down here now, and they would have to sack somebody else to do it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X