• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: What to do?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What to do?"

Collapse

• Freamon
    replied
    I'm not qualified to answer this thread, but professor SuitYou will be along shortly with the accepted industry best practice.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    ahh great, just called the last bar I was at and they have my bag complete with ipod, e-reader and winter hat.. today is a good day
    Excellent excuse for a post work beer when you go to pick it up

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    ahh great, just called the last bar I was at and they have my bag complete with ipod, e-reader and winter hat.. today is a good day

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    correct prediction Doodab, went for a thai green chicken curry for lunch and a can of coke and now I feel much better
    burp burp burp

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Normal time. You should be feeling better by lunch.
    correct prediction Doodab, went for a thai green chicken curry for lunch and a can of coke and now I feel much better

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    To be fair, it's happens maybe every few months. I normally go home for a kpi and then come back.
    I think you've been working too hard! BI on the brain

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    I can't help, I've never been in this situation

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I notice the words "I normally" as though this is an almost daily occurrence in your life
    To be fair, it's happens maybe every few months. I normally go home for a kpi and then come back.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Normal time. You should be feeling better by lunch. You might find you get a bit sleepy about 2:30-4 in the afternoon, this can be dealt with via the aforementioned nap in the loo. Bogrolls make excellent pillows.

I find a couple of Nurofen works well in these circumstances.

Whiskey is a ****er isn't it.
    WHS, plus plenty of coffee helps me

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The question is, what time is acceptable to leave the office but bill for a full day without the locals commenting too much?
    Normal time. You should be feeling better by lunch. You might find you get a bit sleepy about 2:30-4 in the afternoon, this can be dealt with via the aforementioned nap in the loo. Bogrolls make excellent pillows.

I find a couple of Nurofen works well in these circumstances.

Whiskey is a ****er isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I normally slope off for 2 hours or so during the lunch period. ie. 12 -2. Nobody suspects your off mooching somewhere. I then make a return push some papers around before pissing off around 3
    I notice the words "I normally" as though this is an almost daily occurrence in your life

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I normally slope off for 2 hours or so during the lunch period. ie. 12 -2. Nobody suspects your off mooching somewhere. I then make a return push some papers around before pissing off around 3

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Drink coffee and invoice on
    That's what I'm doing after pushing out the boat a bit yesterday evening.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Drink coffee and invoice on

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    as an added point, this is Sweden and so drinking stupid amounts of alcohol mid week is par for course and therefore no client brownie points would be lost if asked why I look so sh!t and answer honestly, however, it wouldn't be the done thing to wimp off early just because "i had a few beers last night".

Their idea of a good night out is to get on the 20 min ferry crossing over to Denmark and stay on it all evening getting wasted because the drinks there are far cheaper than most bars in either country, plus you get a moving view. Apparently the trick is to ensure you get off at the right stop at the end otherwise you might find yourself in the wrong country.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X