• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Planning the year ahead...."

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Contractors don't need direction.
    What a shame, I was ready to direct you just now to Bridgwater, just off M5

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You need to know the direction though, otherwise you'll be lost.
    Contractors don't need direction.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    I disagree.
    You have to stay agile enough to traverse an ever changing rocky path. And wear a hard-hat (cash buffer) if you are afraid of rock falls.
    You need to know the direction though, otherwise you'll be lost.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    You're working on the erroneous assumption that he actually knew his parents.
    I am sure he met the mailman.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    You have to plan the future so you can traverse the rocky path and take plans to avoid rockfalls along the way. Only a blind man enters a cave with Wim121.
    I disagree.
    You have to stay agile enough to traverse an ever changing rocky path. And wear a hard-hat (cash buffer) if you are afraid of rock falls.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    More like "wad of cash in my pocket" type of guy.

The future is uncertain. No matter what you do it will not go exactly as planned. Learn to accept that and then you can learn to deal with it.

Did your "worst case scenario" include the collapse of Lehmann and the resulting panic? Thought not. Then the time is better spend making money than trying to predict the future.
    You have to plan the future so you can traverse the rocky path and take plans to avoid rockfalls along the way. Only a blind man enters a cave with Wim121.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    ...time is better spent making money than trying to predict the future.
    ...because if you could predict the future you'd already be rich.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    More like "wad of cash in my pocket" type of guy.

The future is uncertain. No matter what you do it will not go exactly as planned. Learn to accept that and then you can learn to deal with it.

Did your "worst case scenario" include the collapse of Lehmann and the resulting panic? Thought not. Then the time is better spend making money than trying to predict the future.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Was it your parents that did not show you enough love and affection?
    You're working on the erroneous assumption that he actually knew his parents.

(Awaits standard troll reply of "I know your mother...")

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    MF, why do you think you feel so insecure that you have to perform this ritual that aims for providing clarity and security but only eventually shows that the future of you is uncertain and full of self doubt. Was it your parents that did not show you enough love and affection?

MAN THE F.UCK UP AND GROW A PAIR!!!!
    Mmmm. Lotus 123 man I see.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    MF, why do you think you feel so insecure that you have to perform this ritual that aims for providing clarity and security but only eventually shows that the future of you is uncertain and full of self doubt. Was it your parents that did not show you enough love and affection?

MAN THE F.UCK UP AND GROW A PAIR!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Nearly 24 years contracting now.

With 0 days planning.

Planning to keep it that way.

Works for me.
    WNS

My ex once said of me "When you say you're skint you're down to your last 10K".

After 25 years contracting it's all instinct.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    What does everyone else do???
    Nearly 24 years contracting now.

With 0 days planning.

Planning to keep it that way.

Works for me.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I don't. Now I feel inadequate.
    WHS. Why do you need it? Is it for the "Business plan" question in the new HMRC IR35 Risk test?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ecc83 View Post
    I'm bumping this as I've been searching the forum for recommendations on easy to use software (other than a spreadsheet, obv) for forward planning.

Does everyone still find the idea of planning so dull now that there's a point or so to be scored (alledgedly) in the business entity test for having a regularly updated business plan?

Eh? Eh?
    They don't plan because they're all disguised permies innit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X