• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Offset Mortgage

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Offset Mortgage"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    ""Most of these accounts will not allow limited company funds to be used to offset a personal mortgage""

Its all. You cannot offset you're mortgage using company funds. IR wont let you, neither will the bank.

If you are a sole trader - then yes you can.

I have a woolwich offset, never heard of external accounts being allowed. I assume by external, you mean another woolwich account.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Most of these accounts will not allow limited company funds to be used to offset a personal mortgage"

I think that should be 'all'. I asked about this at the RBS and they said that you cannot do this with a ltd company - although they do get asked the question a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Most of these accounts will not allow limited company funds to be used to offset a personal mortgage, only partnerships or sole trader accounts, and those that do (if such an account even exists) will mean that you incur a "benefit in kind" charge and will end up paying extra personal tax anyway.

Stuff like this just raises a flag to the IR saying "Come and get me boys..."

Leave a comment:

• wonderwaif
    replied
    Originally posted by londonjames
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone who knew of any companies/banks/etc that are contractor friendly when it come to offering offset mortgages. Most I seem to find only take income into account and not dividends/contractor rate. I'm running via the limited company route.
    Thanks in advance.
    J.
    Mortgage!!??? Don't you know the housing market is doomed and you should be renting?
    Do try to keep up.

Leave a comment:

• sanjaymaz
    replied
    Business Offset Account

You could try to get an offset account that offsets mortgage against money in your business accounts:

http://www.rbs.co.uk/Small_Business/...ts/default.htm

http://www.natwest.com/business02.as...T_BANKING/FAQS

http://www.ybonline.co.uk/0,,81980,00.html

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Don't they make interest on the mortgage?
    Perhaps it's one of those Islamic mortgages where they call it an "admin fee" rather than "interest" in order to pull the wool over Allah's eyes?

Personally I don't reckon they're fooling him for a minute but then again perhaps not living in a hedge on this mortal coil is a worthwhile trade off for an afterlife of eternal hellfire with a bunch of usurers.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Ahhhh the woolwich

I've had several issues with them, it appears that their IT sysems do not talk to each other, just like their staff.

Their is a guy here having anatomy problems with them, something about arse and elbow.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by jemrodger
    looks like they decided they are not making any money from me so just said tough we are now stopping this product.
    Don't they make interest on the mortgage?

Leave a comment:

• jemrodger
    replied
    woolwich offset.

I to have offset with the woolwich and received same letter .
    as I think they missold me I have asked the ombudsman to look in to my
    case.looks like they decided they are not making any money from me so
    just said tough we are now stopping this product.
    has anyone else complained to them.

Leave a comment:

• londonjames
    replied
    Hi
    I looked at using a business account to offset a personal mortgage but this is only allow outside Ltd companies as in effect these are two seperate entities. I think if your a sole trader you can use an external link run by Natwest.
    Cheers,
    J.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Are you visiting my current client"

I think I might be. I'm handing over data to somebody at the DOH. My gravy train ends in 2 weeks so I'm going to make a start on looking for more work. I am ruling out Staines though.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    "Wendigo is a dude and why he has a female avatar I can only guess!!!"

I know why but I'm not telling.

How is the gravy train going! I'm in Reading on Monday!
    Hi Tony. I'm still in first class. Are you visiting my current client?

Leave a comment:

• DirtyOldMan
    replied
    He actually looks like this in real life.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Wendigo is a dude and why he has a female avatar I can only guess!!!"

I know why but I'm not telling.

How is the gravy train going! I'm in Reading on Monday!

Leave a comment:

• whyme
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    CUK never sleeps. We always have at least two unqualified sh1te-speakers on duty.

BTW How does the external account thing work? Why do you want to swap money between different accounts?
    Does that mean you could use your business account as external?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X