• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "British banks withdraw billions from Europe as Mario Monti criticises Germans"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Does anyone realistically expect to see their money back?
    Yes. But I still believe in Santa. And that the Chinese will keep bailing the West out. Today's Alex cartoon in the Telegraph illustrates this quite nicely.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    All a bit bizarre when indebted countries contribute to the debt fund, borrowing from that same fund to do so.

Italy, which has a massive national debt that has prompted market turmoil in recent weeks, was last night reported to have committed 23 billion euros to the IMF scheme.

There were claims the European Financial Stability Fund (EFSF), an existing EU bailout fund, may have to lend money to Italy so it can give money to the IMF which it in turn will give to EFSF and to Italy.

Eurozone crisis: David Cameron's defiance rewarded as Merkel's man snubs Sarkozy | Mail Online
    While the UK is also busy borrowing (and printing) and lending out borrowed money, presumably which will never be seen again. Does anyone realistically expect to see their money back?

Allegedly, creditors pay in the end, whoever they may be.

Leave a comment:

• AllezFrance
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    First time I have been called a cretin! and I am an agent! The irony is that I expected it to come from SAS!
    x3+

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    About time we withdrew them. We need the money over here. Maybe create a few factories?
    Bennite industrial democracy - that's more like it!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    First time I have been called a cretin! and I am an agent! The irony is that I expected it to come from SAS!
    Make it twice, cretin.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    B: DA is a cretin and modesty forbids me from completing the comparison.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    About time we withdrew them. We need the money over here. Maybe create a few factories?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Old Greg and you are like mirror opposites if each other.
    But like mirror images there are some things we would say that are the same. We would both have always been against the Euro and against the EU as they are the tools of an undemocratic political élite.

But in some ways the mirror does create opposites: DA is a cretin and modesty forbids me from completing the comparison.

Leave a comment:

• AllezFrance
    replied

ps. let the scots go too (the oil has gone) - no use to England anymore. Let them have their way.

Leave a comment:

• AllezFrance
    replied
    Very poor effort.
    Please put your point across (if you have one).

Leave a comment:

• AllezFrance
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Monsieur le Rosbif,

Due to zee ongo-ing euro-zone debt cris-ees, you will not be receiving zee invoice payments.

Payments should be requested from 'Frau Nein' (Madame Merkel) in future, s'il vous plait.

Merci,

Agency Feelth
    0/10

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by AllezFrance View Post
    Hope this won't affect my new contract in Paris starting in Jan.

Monsieur le Rosbif,

Due to zee ongo-ing euro-zone debt cris-ees, you will not be receiving zee invoice payments.

Payments should be requested from 'Frau Nein' (Madame Merkel) in future, s'il vous plait.

Merci,

Agency Feelth

Leave a comment:

• AllezFrance
    replied
    Agree - wrong words. Point was better pulling together rather than fighting.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Simple economics - hedge your bets.

HTH
    Go to bed!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Simple economics - hedge your bets.

HTH