• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Christmas Break - What's your plan?"

Collapse

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    London->Manchester->Devon->Somerset->London->Work
    24th 26th 27th 27th 28th

I'm sure hoping that I get some time to "do" nothing, kick back and chill rather than drive

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    working upto the 23rd. Then working again on the 29/30th from home. No point having the ability to WFH if I can't do it over the festive period.
    Back to the office on the 3rd Jan

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I intend to indulge in my hobby. Sleeping.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Our landlord has given us notice he intends to evict us, so after agreeing a date with them - we've been looking for new premises for about a month now. And we'll keep looking over christmas I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Work up to the 23rd back in 28th, 29th & 30th, not bothered as I have a pile of DVD's that I never seem to find the time to watch.

Being paid to watch films and munch mince pies is preferable to doing the same at home.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Only taking the bank Holidays off, next Thursday night I am packing the kids in the car and driving up to Leeds where the rest of the family will be, Friday WFH for ClientCo, 4 days sleeping (with a bit of luck) before driving back down in Tuesday, working Wed, Thurs and Fri then after work Friday flying upto Scotland for New Year, back on the Monday, work Tuesday.

(I really did mean it when i said I take no days off when on a gig)

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Off btween xmas and new year.

Fly back briefly to blighty for xmas day and back to cloggers boxing day.

Will relish in the fact that I have time off and have don't have to spend it organising a move.
    Intend to eat, drink and be merry

alright Norah luv,

you bought that rotisserie yet ?

Well I finishes today yeehaw can't wait

but I'm working between chrimbo and new year

oh well

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Off btween xmas and new year.

Fly back briefly to blighty for xmas day and back to cloggers boxing day.

Will relish in the fact that I have time off and have don't have to spend it organising a move.
    Intend to eat, drink and be merry

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Finished yesterday. Invoice is away, back early January

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Manic until the 23rd. Then zzzzzzzzz.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    started a topic Christmas Break - What's your plan?

Christmas Break - What's your plan?

Happy Christmas one and all.

Well it's my last day in the office for two weeks due to a mixture of compliance leave and enforced contractor lay-offs over the Christmas season. I had the option to negotiate an exemption but I'm shattered and really need the time off. Not even had a chance to do a Christmas CUK avatar, for which I'm truly sorry,

Hopefully today will be a nice quite day of housekeeping tasks making sure nothing falls over whilst I'm off, plus taking my mum to lunch as it's her birthday.

Not doing much over the two weeks, having a family Christmas just sleeping in late and walking down to the pub. Will probably not be posting on CUK until the New Year as number one on my "to do list" is "Computers - Avoid".

So what's everyone else doing over Christmas?

Working...
X