• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Channel 4 now - Big fat gypsy christmas"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Travellers? More like chav scumbags. Like someone said, where does all the money for all this crap come from. Ripping off some poor old biddies.

Notice, the prevalence of the job description of 'tarmaccer'? Yeh. Poor a few quids worth off the back of a truck and charge some poor old dear £5K.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Yeah for some reason the programme doesn't go into where the money comes from...
    Exactly, I don't want to tar them all with the same brush cos there is a camp i know of thats all tidy and nice and the bins go out on bin day and you never hear of any trouble and my uncle was a traveller with the faigrounds, however a large majority give the rest of them a bad name

You don't make the sort off money one of thoses dress's costs from sellin a few horses and laying a bit of blacktop and lets face it you don't find em working the tills at Asda so the money must come from somewhere and we all know where that is.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    "the amount of tulip they buy" with money they have fleeced off some poor old lady when they charged her 8 grand for putting a tile back on her roof, or from the sale of all that lead (the church can afford it)or that cable they robbed from the exchange that put out 2 dctors surgeries for 3 days.

Travellers my arse
    Yeah for some reason the programme doesn't go into where the money comes from...

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    "the amount of tulip they buy" with money they have fleeced off some poor old lady when they charged her 8 grand for putting a tile back on her roof, or from the sale of all that lead (the church can afford it)or that cable they robbed from the exchange that put out 2 dctors surgeries for 3 days.

Travellers my arse

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    I think the traveller community are done down you know. Watching this programme, looks like they are single handedly keeping the economy afloat the amount of tulip they buy

Travellers my arse

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I had a brainwave the other day.

There are hundreds of miles of East Anglian coastline eroding, sometimes by several feet a year. So, as all that land is blighted for permanent use, why not have elongated gypsy sites along otherwise abandoned fields next to the coast?

You wouldn't have to worry about evicting them - The sea would do that, or they could simply move their caravans a few feet back each year.

And with a bit of hard work they might even be able to contribute to coast preservation works, in their own interest.
    Brilliant.

Apart from the bit about allowing them to move back a few feet each year.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I had a brainwave the other day.

There are hundreds of miles of East Anglian coastline eroding, sometimes by several feet a year. So, as all that land is blighted for permanent use, why not have elongated gypsy sites along otherwise abandoned fields next to the coast?

You wouldn't have to worry about evicting them - The sea would do that, or they could simply move their caravans a few feet back each year.

And with a bit of hard work they might even be able to contribute to coast preservation works, in their own interest.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    now that we're out of the EU can we stop them coming back over from Ireland in the new year?
    Surely they're better off in those nice warm houses anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    I'm being forced to watch this frikkin tulip. I hope you're not watching this willingly?
    What are you talking about it's TV gold!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I'm being forced to watch a program on Quest about guns. Can't complain really...

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    I think the traveller community are done down you know. Watching this programme, looks like they are single handedly keeping the economy afloat the amount of tulip they buy

I'm being forced to watch this frikkin tulip. I hope you're not watching this willingly?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    started a topic Channel 4 now - Big fat gypsy christmas

Channel 4 now - Big fat gypsy christmas

Working...
X