• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "To 4x4 or not to 4x4?"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Not as well as the best 4x4xfar!!!!

Spod.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Volvo xc90. 7 seats and loads of cabin room. drives well also.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hattra

Ok 807 sounds good - after my last 3 new car cars being french I had hoped to try another country. Decisions, decisions.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You could always try the Peugot 807 - lots of bells and whistles (power doors, airbags for every seat etc) & NCAP 5-star safety rating - go for the diesel, though - I've got the previous model (in its Citroen incarnation), with 2-litre petrol engine, and it only gets about 32 mpg. (though it'll happily cruise at a 100+ for hours at a time fully loaded - did that once on the A6 down to Lyon). I think top of the range is about 25 grand

The Grand Voyager looks good, but IIRC has a lousy safety rating The frontal impact protection is so poor that if two of them ran into each other head-on, your protection was equivalent to several sheets of cardboard. Mind you that was a couple of years ago, so they might have improved it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The family is growing ..
    That's what's environmentally unfriendly. Sorry, I don't mean to get at you personally, but it's true.

You might as well get a people carrier, that's won't do much more damage.

And yes, I do know that families are more than just environmental impact.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

anyhow...

> Fiddle please do not tell me you have a caravan

No and never did have. I think MikeTheBike was the Margaret Beckett of CUK.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Where's the mighty Threaded?
    Do pay attention. He’s spending the week shagging pop stars at the Roskilde festival.

As I was saying to the King of Denmark just the other day (whilst we were riding our horses on the moon, and being chased by a thousand beautiful diplomats diving Lamborghinis) “That Threaded. He just makes stuff up”.

“Yes”, replied the king, “Fancy a go on the dodgems?”

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sometimes Fiddle has to give Rhino a tug

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Worse, it's a trailer tent!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Fiddle please do not tell me you have a caravan

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Where's the mighty Threaded?

Slunk off with his tail between his legs?

Running round trying to hire a lambo to get his picture taken inside?

Ah well, more to be pitied than despised!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Diesels are far more fuel efficient easily wiping out the cost per litre disadvantage in the UK and these days the performance compares well with petrol.

Downside is they stink and sound like tractors and the performance isn't quite up to petrol for most purposes. For towing they are much better.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Talking about diesels - does anyone here have a diesel? What are the pros and cons?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    IT can only be friendlier if the overall efficiency of the power generation and the distribution of said plastic trickery to the vehicle is more efficient than an internal combustion engine. [Which is of course possible but maybe doubtful]

You can have a sports car with the fuel efficiency of a VW lupo diesel. Max torque (60% up on a combustion engine) available from go and only one gear, can't wait.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Look, do you want one or not?

I'm sure you could buy one, ditch the batteries and motor and put in a nice 5 litre V8

Leave a comment:

Working...
X