• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Credit Crunch 2.0 SP1"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    In other news....

Japan to pay bond holders with gold coins.

Japan’s Gold-for-Bonds Offer Could Boost Return By 5.9 Times - Businessweek

And people here still don't get the gold thing over a bit of paper thing....

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Well done its a good feeling
    It is a good feeling. That's why I fear the corrupt scum in charge will spoil the party and force me back into debt one way of the other.

So, better to burn out your savings than let them fade away.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I'm currently on course to be debt free for the first time in my life.
    Well done its a good feeling, I did it in July 2009 and by November that year had bought a house up in London as well, so it didn't last long.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Yep, out of cash and into assets.

Just in time for Christmas. I'm going to have a lot of presents to open.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Should be spending or saving?

I'm currently on course to be debt free for the first time in my life. I also get a feeling that I should be buying all the shit my heart desires while I still can.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    ideally you want to buy a car made of gold.

Good idea. A Subaru Impreza with the gold wheels. Just as crap on the mpg as a solid gold car would be.

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post

[off to buy a flash car on cheap credit, that will then go up in value as sterling gets printed into oblivion. ]
    ideally you want to buy a car made of gold.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    More cheap debt.

Sorry savers you're screwed.

Don't worry, spend spend spend. Your kids or their kids will pay it back eventually.

[off to buy a flash car on cheap credit, that will then go up in value as sterling gets printed into oblivion. ]

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Credit Crunch 2.0 SP1

Credit Crunch 2.0 SP1

Bank of England plans cash injection move to ensure liquidity | Business

Basically a repeat of 2008/9 on the cards.

And Gordon Brown nowhere to be seen.

Menawhile, in Athens, they are taking the cuts to benefits in a typically Greek way.

Working...
X