• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Remember this?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Remember this?"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    the younger people have benefitted by having freedom of movement

It's not freedom that's forced them to have to get on their bike and find work elsewhere.

Still, they can gorge themselves on shiny tat to make up for the emptiness of being isolated from family and friends.

So, anyone buying a flashy new car to commute to the other end of the country every week, to stay in a flashy hotel with flashy food?

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    India is full of 'momma and poppa' stores as they're known. They are not going to be happy with the big boys moving in. But move in they will.
    This happened all over Europe when the smaller countries entered in recent years. The older generation in those countries has suffered with small businesses going under as the big boys move in (eg. LIDL and ALDI) but the younger people have benefitted by having freedom of movement within richer countries in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    India is full of 'momma and poppa' stores as they're known. They are not going to be happy with the big boys moving in. But move in they will.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Look, even if some big supermarket was allowed to build lots of shops there, what's so great it would be? It's not like they'd be paying lots of corp tax on overseas profits.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I hope this is a wake-up call to all those people who need waking up. Like those ones that are still asleep for example

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Anyway I'm not talking TO YOU!

I'm talking to all my fans on CUK.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Says 634 people liked this [article I assume] at the bobtom of the page.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    When I saw this, I realised destroying the UK IT industry and handing it over to India on a plate was all worth it. I'm sure Whisky makers agree too.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Anyway I'm not talking TO YOU!

I'm talking to all my fans on CUK.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Get a life you saddo. Nobody should be posting on an IT geek forum at this type of night.
    It's only 8.30, not even knocking off time yet.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Get a life you saddo. Nobody should be posting on an IT geek forum at this type of night.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Remember this?

Remember this?

Britain 'to grant 20,000 visas to Indian workers as part of EU trade deal' | Mail Online

Let all the Bobs in and we'll open up our markets.....

India closes its door to foreign retailers - Telegraph

s

Working...
X