• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No phone, no internet"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Mmm. Shaunbhoy.
    He is into mobile network maintenance of some kind...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Finally, after eight days I now have a working phone and internet again. Apparently some highly trained BT engineer connected my line to the wrong terminals.
    Mmm. Shaunbhoy.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post

Doesn't beat my record of 18 days though.

On that occasion they said the delay was due to a shortage of cherry-pickers.

Fault was at ground level
    I can see the exchange from the house, a few telephone poles so all overground. When I tried to get a phone line installed here I was told it would take six weeks as they had to get permission from the council to dig up the road. Actually it took almost a year between one or another BT fck up.

Bunch of complete 's

Now the fight for compensation which probably isn't worth it but it'll keep Bob amused with stories for a few hours since I've nothing better to do.
    Last edited by Cliphead; 7 December 2011, 20:31.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Finally, after eight days I now have a working phone and internet again. Apparently some highly trained BT engineer connected my line to the wrong terminals.

Doesn't beat my record of 18 days though.

On that occasion they said the delay was due to a shortage of cherry-pickers.

Fault was at ground level

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Charge up the laptops and make sure you know where the corkscrew is. You'll be fine
    No work to do anyway for a bit so not too worried. I'll move in with friends for the duration if it gets too cold, I'm sure they'll have a corkscrew

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I'm rather hoping my weather station survives

High winds = power cuts here
    Charge up the laptops and make sure you know where the corkscrew is. You'll be fine

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I hope it survives the high winds you'll be getting soon
    I'm rather hoping my weather station survives

High winds = power cuts here

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I hope it survives the high winds you'll be getting soon

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    On the plus side, BT usually have some good payouts for lengthy lack of service, particularly if it's registered as a business line.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Enjoy the break, read a book
    I certainly will enjoy the break unexpected as it is. Catch up with some reading and spend some quality time in the studio.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You posting on 3g then?
    Staying at a friends place to get some work done and come to some arrangement with ClientCo about my 'holiday'.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Enjoy the break, read a book

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Since the floods yesterday and possibly more tomorrow no more comms. BT estimate to have it fixed by 5pm on 5th December.

Staying at a friends place to get some work done and make other arrangements with ClientCo as I'm now on a forced holiday
    You posting on 3g then?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Damn that's serious.

I wish you more luck than I had with BT.

Statement from a BT employee in the mid 1980s:

"You can't afford to sue us."

I've never hit a woman in my life, but by God I came extremely close that day.
    7 days from the fault report to a fix is not acceptable, so much for working from home.

Bob learned a few more words to add to his vocabulary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X