• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "oh dear: Firms face new tax on staff e-mail to friends"

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    It is our government not yours.
    Thank **** for that!

virtue of the fact that we have developed a civilised and prosperous society.
    BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA...feck, who has been listening to too much Gordo Brown lately?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    Since when have facts had anything to do with how this country is run by your beloved government!

Mailman
    It is our government not yours. You are here earning a living by virtue of the fact that we have developed a civilised and prosperous society. In other words you are our guest. Our government may be tulipe but they are our govt and if you dont like them there is a ship leaving Portsmouth to take you home. I suggest you go there and ask to be clapped in irons and sent back to where you come from.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Since when have facts had anything to do with how this country is run by your beloved government!

Mailman
    The only thing I would complain about with that reply is the last 3 words. They've got nowt to do with me.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB
    By all means slag us all off as sheep - but figure out the system so your facts are straight first....

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I had been wondering just what it was that made you Kiwis so fond of the place.
    I dunno but I suspect its got something to do with the ease of English women and the fact it aint that hard to get a well paying job. Sheep are of secondary importance

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

The score is:
    Lone Gunman 350 Postman Prat 0

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    But then again...the very fact this law was passed without any protests from the English just goes to show how much you guys resemble sheep!

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    What a ******* joke!

This is bloody rubbish...imagine if companies are forced to pay this tax and the increased burden on those same companies to install monitoring software (and to then store all that data for how ever long HMRC determines)! Quite simply unworkable!

If ever a country needed a revolution...its England. Imagine if they tried to impose this kind of tax in France (where you got taxed for the private use of cows for sex)...they be in a permanent state of revolt!

But then again...the very fact this law was passed without any protests from the English just goes to show how much you guys resemble sheep!

Mailman
    We need more taxes to fund more millitary campagins.

As a keen advocate for British Millitary intervention around the globe Mailman surely you dont begrudge paying more for our Boys in the front line ?

Fades to Land of Hope and Glory ....
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 May 2006, 14:52.

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    When I saw that in the Metro today I had to check I had not picked up an old April 1st addition, I thought it was joke.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    £500 exemption

So long as you don't have more than £2500 worth of kit, then your personal use should be covered by the £500 exemption.

And IMO servers, training/development machines have no conceivable "personal use" anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    The law is not passed. It is a part of the finance bill, slipped out under cover of briefing papers. There has been quite considerable noise about this potential change - as you yourself have noticed.

Of course the probability of it not ending up in the Finance Act and passed into law is probably about as high as that of me being pope by tomorrow.

By all means slag us all off as sheep - but figure out the system so your facts are straight first....

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    What a ******* joke!

This is bloody rubbish...imagine if companies are forced to pay this tax and the increased burden on those same companies to install monitoring software (and to then store all that data for how ever long HMRC determines)! Quite simply unworkable!

If ever a country needed a revolution...its England. Imagine if they tried to impose this kind of tax in France (where you got taxed for the private use of cows for sex)...they be in a permanent state of revolt!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• privateeye
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    After all, what company buys kit that isn't "required"?
    Most Government Departments?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Treasury sources suggested that the rules would not apply to computers required for office work, even if employees used them extensively for non-work purposes.
    I might be being a bit slow here, but isn't this a massive get out? After all, what company buys kit that isn't "required"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X