• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Worst ever auction leaves German bonds unsold"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Would you rather live in Mumbai or Shanghai? I don't think so. There is also a lot of Indian and Chinese money coming into London
    I would much rather live in Hong Kong or Sydney. If it was not for the kids I would already have left.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its a good point about moving money out - though I am not sure London is the best place to go to. I am suprised they don't move East.
    Would you rather live in Mumbai or Shanghai? I don't think so. There is also a lot of Indian and Chinese money coming into London

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Certainly there has been a lot of Greek, Italian and Spanish money coming into prime London property over the last few months.
    Wouldn't you move it out if you were them?
    Its a good point about moving money out - though I am not sure London is the best place to go to. I am suprised they don't move East.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    are we there yet?
    lol

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Ah yes, you did tell us you spend a fortune on Immac

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Yep my wife is Greek .
    Ah yes, you did tell us you spend a fortune on Immac

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Certainly there has been a lot of Greek, Italian and Spanish money coming into prime London property over the last few months.
    Yep my wife is Greek and her family live there, I have advised them many times to transfer all their money to a UK or Swiss account, but think they see it as not supporting Greece.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I reckon there is a slow-run on Euro banks taking place, electronically, of course the banks will not let it be known as it will be the end of them.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Not a bad call. I made a fortune on Barclays last time round.
    Limit yourself to big German banks with some, but not too much, exposure to the PIIGS I would guess.
    Normally I would top up at these levels and play the market down & up, but as I've agreed to buy a building plot I'm a little shafted on cash flow. I can't risk tying anything or dropping any more in the short term.

£100m loan anyone?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    We will reach a point soon (?) where the best European banks shares will hit rock bottom and there will be bailouts (and probably money printing) and said shares will boom up for a period of months.

Question is, are we there yet and what to buy?

Santander?
    Deutsche Bank?

For example Deutsche Bank went sub 20 end of 2008 and then recovered to near 60 in 2010. Currently priced at 24.

Basically need to stick to the "too big to be allowed to fail" camp and then try and guess the bottom, and fill yer boots.

Any views?
    Not a bad call. I made a fortune on Barclays last time round.
    Limit yourself to big German banks with some, but not too much, exposure to the PIIGS I would guess.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Jump in Dim. I've slid 6k this week. Not sure where good news is going to come from.
    I'll look in the DailyMail and see if there's any.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    But the banks are too big to fail right and at some point will get govt bailouts, and their share prices will rocket from the bottom. The alternative is all the banks just fail and no one has any money or pensions any more.
    Jump in Dim. I've slid 6k this week. Not sure where good news is going to come from.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Yeah go for it Dim, I'm waiting to sell my Lehman Brother shares, got them at a great price.
    He who dares Rodders!

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    But the banks are too big to fail right and at some point will get govt bailouts, and their share prices will rocket from the bottom. The alternative is all the banks just fail and no one has any money or pensions any more.
    Yeah go for it Dim, I'm waiting to sell my Lehman Brother shares, got them at a great price.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'm not sure. This last slide is like a death from a thousand cuts. No end to it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X