• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The rules of rugby

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The rules of rugby"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My biggest complaint about Union has always been its too defensive, look at the world cup final compared to the Super League Grand Final, one was "tense" where as one was very much exciting from whistle to whistle
    Yep, at international level that's true; in fact, the world cup isn't much of a showcase for the game; I think too many international coaches 1) do too much coaching, to the point that players don't dare to be creative and 2) are too terrified of losing to take risks and choose the 'safest' players. But go and watch club games at almost any level (don't bother with Old Wobblebellians 5th XV unless you just want a good laugh) and you'll see a lot more attacking rugby.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

you probably already have done because you knew I'd say that

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Put the kettle on love.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    My biggest complaint about Union has always been its too defensive, look at the world cup final compared to the Super League Grand Final, one was "tense" where as one was very much exciting from whistle to whistle

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Only good thing about League is that they do "dressing room cam" better than us (Union).
    Put the kettle on love.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Only good thing about League is that they do "dressing room cam" better than us (Union).

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

I've played both actually, but more union. Personally I found union more demanding in terms of strength, especially upper body strength, and anaerobic running, but league required more aerobic fitness because it's non stop movement backward and forward. But then, it would also depend on what position you play. I can't really say one is tougher than the other; both would be physically pretty tough for someone switching codes; it can be done and is often done succesfully, but it requires a shift in training emphasis; basically if a union forward plays league he'll be knackered after 40 minutes of the first few games from all the running, and a league player moving to the forwards in union would be knackered from the shoving and wrestling for the ball. I don't know what 'backs' are for so I can't comment on them or their lovely haircuts.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    If you're going to troll union fans, be a bit more subtle, yer big pansy woofter.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Proof example that Rugby Union is for girls, League all the way!
    If you're going to troll union fans, be a bit more subtle, yer big pansy woofter.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Proof example that Rugby Union is for girls, League all the way!

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Oi! I posted that during the RWC!

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    laws

Sorry Mitch, for some reason that video distracted me.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    That should be on OAD

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    The rules of rugby
    laws

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    started a topic The rules of rugby

The rules of rugby

The sport has obviously changed since I last played it. None of my team or the opposition looked anything like this lot.

NSFW if your client doesn't approve of ladies in little more than bikinis.

Working...
X