• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Stupid Germans

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stupid Germans"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Originally Posted by scooterscot
    View 2: Is about "I've learnt so much from my mistakes I'm thinking of making a few more" - Yet the UK does not.
    It was empathy!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Somebody who had an appreciation of 3000 years of history wouldn't need to ask that question.
    Good point, well made.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    NOT UK people, people in England. When there's a side of you you don't like you need hide behind the union.
    View 2: Is about "I've learnt so much from my mistakes I'm thinking of making a few more" - Yet the UK does not.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Did "Germany" exist 3000 years ago
    Somebody who had an appreciation of 3000 years of history wouldn't need to ask that question.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Perhaps it comes from an appreciation of German culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Goethe
    He who cannot draw on 3000 years (of history) is living from hand to mouth
    Did "Germany" exist 3000 years ago

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    That's not a reply, to me it looks just like a desperate and tangled statement about your assumptions and prejudices of UK people.
    NOT UK people, people in England. When there's a side of you you don't like you need hide behind the union.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    If you do not understand that history informs the present and future, my ignorant friend, you really are very stupid indeed.
    sasguru is professional and courteous

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I have German relatives by marriage.
    Anything to do with your "aristocratic" background?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    What contradiction?

View 1: Is about people looking in the past for answers with no idea how to move forward. Reeks of bitterness IMO.

Implication of contradiction seems to me hook line and in sinker with the characteristics of view 1, looking for flaw rather than result. Redundant of ideas capable of only consumption, what a waste.

This now the UK as I see it, pillage for what's worth create nothing. Sad times indeed.
    That's not a reply, to me it looks just like a desperate and tangled statement about your assumptions and prejudices of UK people.

"Let history be exactly that and move on" indeed!
    Last edited by Doggy Styles; 4 November 2011, 12:43.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Perkins realised that by inserting a golfing umbrella into an elephant's rectum and holding firmly onto the handle, he was able to travel across the African bush at speeds of up to twenty five miles per hour.
    HTH, RSA

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    I hadn't realised you were German. You learn something new every day.
    I have German relatives by marriage. Must have rubbed off on me

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    The inside leg measurement, in sixteenths of an inch, of a fully grown male Golden Retriever is inversely proportional to the amount of nose hairs that their owner has by a factor of 2.

HTH, VSAM

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Yes it is the Teutonic way to keep hammering at something even if no one finds it remotely amusing.

I hadn't realised you were German. You learn something new every day.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    HTH, BOAC
    Yes it is the Teutonic way to keep hammering at something even if no one finds it remotely amusing.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Girls will be boys, boys will be girls but Leslie had a problem reconciling the two.
    HTH, BOAC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X