• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dear Deidre marriage and kids don't interest me"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Have you got Pampas Grass in your front garden yet?
    Nearly did, but some cream from the doctor sorted that out.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    That's what I used to think, aye. For me personally it hasn't turned out quite that way thankfully, but it does scupper your plans a little bit.
    Have you got Pampas Grass in your front garden yet?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    FTFY
    WHS but with more lady boys

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by DieScum View Post

Kids, the suburbs and two weeks in a caravan with in-laws isn't quite so attractive.
    That's what I used to think, aye. For me personally it hasn't turned out quite that way thankfully, but it does scupper your plans a little bit.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DieScum View Post
    I think kids are really cute and I love my nephews and nieces to bits but.... if I keep my head down I can be retired by late thirties.

As it stands when I'm single I tend to spend three months a year in Pattaya drinking cheap beer, wearing fishermans trousers and taking bar girls home for 500 baht.

Kids, the suburbs and two weeks in a caravan with in-laws isn't quite so attractive.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• DieScum
    replied
    I think kids are really cute and I love my nephews and nieces to bits but.... if I keep my head down I can be retired by late thirties.

As it stands when I'm single I tend to spend three months a year living like a king in Thailand and mostly do what I want the rest of the time.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I used to think that. Then I had kids and am grateful whenever other kids are annoying. I think "At least it is not my kids for a change".
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    I mean you've seen how annoying people with kids are in restaurants
    I used to think that. Then I had kids and am grateful whenever other kids are annoying. I think "At least it is not my kids for a change".

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Only if she was flicking her mother's bean while watching you.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• TiroFijo
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Dear Deidrie,

I was watching my next door neighbour's daughter sunbathing topless in their back garden. As I stood at our upstairs window knocking one out, I became aware that my wife was standing behind me, just watching me. Do you think she could be some kind of pervert ?
    Only if she was flicking her bean while watching you.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Just wondered if anyone when they were in the mid 30's still was not interested in marriage or kids, and if that was the case did that ever change ?

In my 20's even late 20's I wasn't interested in marriage kids net result split with girlfriend of 8 years, thought it was just a phase and I would grow into the marriage / kids thing. Now mid / late 30's I'm still not feeling the marriage and kids thing and looks like my current relationship of a few years may go the same way as the previous. I'm pretty selfish and just like doing my own things, when I want, I enjoy having no commitments is that wrong ?

Starting to think may be I'm just not the type for marriage and kids ever or is it just because I've not met the one ?
    I think most men dont want them. I know an awful lot that have been trapped through "happy accidents". I mean you've seen how annoying people with kids are in restaurants, would you want that ALL the time? Talk about ruin your life.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    is it any coincidence that a forum largely made up of IT geeks should have a higher than average proportion of people making a "lifestyle choice" not to have partners and/or kids? Could it be related to the fact that women don't see beardy, World of Warcraft obsessed DBA types with questionable personal hygiene as their first choice gene donors for their offspring?

It's probably the same sorts who post on here that they'd 'do' Kylie or Dannii but draw the line at Jordan or Jodie Marsh despite never having so much as pulled the head off a dead dog.
    Speak for yourself.

I'm more than happy!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    is it any coincidence that a forum largely made up of IT geeks should have a higher than average proportion of people making a "lifestyle choice" not to have partners and/or kids? Could it be related to the fact that women don't see beardy, World of Warcraft obsessed DBA types with questionable personal hygiene as their first choice gene donors for their offspring?
    That's a bit of a generalisation based on a few forum replies. And AtW.

FFS, I don't have a beard nor am I a DBA ! And what's more, I tell you, I shower once a week. So there.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    If you put it like that it could be seen as doing their civic duty

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied

It's probably the same sorts who post on here that they'd 'do' Kylie or Dannii but draw the line at Jordan or Jodie Marsh despite never having so much as pulled the head off a dead dog.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X