• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jimmy Savile RIP

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jimmy Savile RIP"

Collapse

• Support Monkey
    replied
    I see Jimmy's funeral is being sponsored by Cash4Gold

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    What sparked Paul Merton off on that lot?
    nothing to see here...move along

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    What sparked Paul Merton off on that lot?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    may be a fabrication
    Last edited by Troll; 31 October 2011, 11:39.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    Great news, I've been after his house in Glencoe for ages.
    He sold that house years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    may be a fabrication
    Last edited by Troll; 31 October 2011, 11:39.

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    How's about that, then?

Another constant that is no more. Can't be many of 'em left now. Brucie; that's about it.
    Great news, I've been after his house in Glencoe for ages.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Stoke Mandeville is my local hospital and that unit always makes me think of him when I'm there.
    Broadmoor is my local hospital, and that unit always makes me think of, er, home.

Nurse!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Stoke Mandeville is my local hospital and that unit always makes me think of him when I'm there.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Best obituary I've seen yet, from the Yorkshire Post

Sir Jim’s earnings were substantial and he owned at least eight homes, including flats in Regent’s Park, Bournemouth, Leeds and Scarborough. Among his six cars were a Bentley Turbo, a Mercedes 500 SL and a flashy Rolls-Royce.

He was a paid consultant to travel agent Thomas Cook and charged a minimum of £10,000 for personal appearances. His British Rail “Age of the train” advertisements in 1984 brought in around £500,000.

But Sir Jimmy gave away nine-tenths of his income to two charitable trusts and in the later part of his career, he became more famous for his charity fund-raising and work as a voluntary helper at Stoke Mandeville, Leeds Infirmary and Broadmoor.
    I didn't like him in his DJ role, but he more than made up for it with Jim’ll Fix It and his charity work. He raised more than £30 million for charity, £12 million of which for Stoke Mandeville.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Now then now then.
    Christ looking at a montage of his pictures over the years - was he ever f ucking young?
    Sir Jimmy Savile OBE | The Radio Academy

Leave a comment:

• TiroFijo
    replied
    Now then now then.
    Christ looking at a montage of his pictures over the years - was he ever f ucking young?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    I think you'll find the below to be the actual footage of MF:

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Feck! I think I remember that, or something very similar.
    Yes, one of the kids was a right porker, as I recall, and snaffled most of the food before the others had a look in!

edit: Great find k2p2
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 29 October 2011, 19:43.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I wonder how much that would fetch on Ebay?

(not that you should ever contemplate selling it, mind)
    I'd never sell it.

Cherished memories.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X