• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Euro Deal

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Euro Deal"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I've got it!

You're lying about your positive rep!
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Wrong again. One neg and 2 positive for this thread so far.
    Keep going.
    Nope, I think I'll stick with the above answer.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I've got it!

Wrong again. One neg and 2 positive for this thread so far.
    Keep going.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I'm sure even a thick twunt* like you will work it out eventually. Try a process of elimination.

*There you go guys. TIA.
    I've got it!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    People owe you money?
    I'm sure even a thick twunt* like you will work it out eventually. Try a process of elimination.

*There you go guys. TIA.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    That's one possible explanation. But do try again.
    People owe you money?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    That the rest of your posts are sh!te?
    That's one possible explanation. But do try again.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Let's just say the easiest way for me to get positive rep is to slag you off.
    Now what does that tell you?
    That the rest of your posts are sh!te?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    0/10 - lame retort

We're not talking about me, we're talking about you
    Let's just say the easiest way for me to get positive rep is to slag you off.
    Now what does that tell you?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I suppose in your Walter Mittyish way you've convinced yourself everyone loves ya baby?
    What a deluded twunt.
    0/10 - lame retort

We're not talking about me, we're talking about you

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    once the realization that Greek pensions have been cut in half dawns upon the population, the result will be the biggest riots ever seen in Athens yet

Seeing as it sounds like the whole of Europe is bankrupt (even the UK) apart from a bit of paper printing/shuffling, is it realistic to think that the austerity riots may hook up with the Occupy 'movement' and things will kick off big time?

Occupy Oakland has already been tear gassed, though strangely there's little coverage on the news apart from that mob outside St Pauls.

Escalation as more austerity cuts come along, yet the culprits in government and finance get away with their cushy lifestyle, seems very possible.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Somehow I suspect Sarkel and Merkozy are keeping some firepower in reserve instead of doing everything the 'experts' have been calling for because they know that whatever they do there'll be a long line of 'experts' and 'analysts' queuing up to provide their entirely objective opinion that 'it doesn't go far enough'.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Because you're such an unpopular offensive little turd and nobody likes you I've taken pity on you and bounced your post to the top.

We couldn't have it disappearing without at least one comment, that would be so rude.

I suppose in your Walter Mittyish way you've convinced yourself everyone loves ya baby?
    What a deluded twunt.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Better than I expected, but the ESEF fund is still too low and will have to be topped up.
    50% Greek default isn't enough, should have been up to 60%. After this haricut they still have a 120% gdp debt ratio and I can't see how they can ever bring this down.
    Meanwhile Italy is making vague noises about austerity and cutting it's 2 trillion euro debt. Yeah right.
    Ireland will run out of cash next year.
    And I've never understood how Spain paid its way (apart from Catalonia which is economically strong).

Meanwhile the unacknowledged elephant in the room is France with no austerity plans in hand at all.

It was a good hard kick of the can down the road, but I'm afraid it will have to picked up again later.
    I'm loving this zerohedge at the minute

Just the math, something Europe is unable to do:

Greece has €350 billion in total debt including about €70 billion in Troika "post-petition" loans; these are untouched.
    Of the €280 billion, roughly €75 billion is held by the ECB: this, like the Troika loans, will be untouched.
    This leaves just ~€200 billion in actual debt to undergo a haircut.
    Apply a 50% haircut to this debt (ignoring the fact that of this about €35 billion is held by Greek pension funds, and once the realization that Greek pensions have been cut in half dawns upon the population, the result will be the biggest riots ever seen in Athens yet).
    Total debt to be cut: just about €100 billion.
    Hence, of the total €350 billion, just €100 billion is eliminated, most of it used to backstop and service Greek pension and retirement obligations
    €250, or the residual, of €350, the original, means 72%, or a 28% haircut.

Greek GDP was €230 billion on December 31, 2010 and declining fast.

And that is how a 50% haircut is "cut" almost in half

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Because you're such an unpopular offensive little turd and nobody likes you I've taken pity on you and bounced your post to the top.

We couldn't have it disappearing without at least one comment, that would be so rude.

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Far too kind.
    I've turned over a new leaf and promised the Moderators that I'm going to be a good boy.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Far too kind.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X