• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nigeria will have +700M people in 2100"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    There never were very many in Nigeria anyway.

Maybe that's where Africa is going wrong. Not enough pubs for the men to escape to, so they end up boinking the wives to keep them happy, hence massive birth rates.

Get them all drinking Brewer's Droop then there won't be an issue with contraception.

Beer solves a lot of problems. [Hic]

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    There's a dwindling of decent country pubs as it is. This progression must not be tolerated.
    There never were very many in Nigeria anyway.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    rural communities shrink
    There's a dwindling of decent country pubs as it is. This progression must not be tolerated.

There are also interesting projects in the urban agriculture field.

Turfing roofs to grow stuff in whilst also acting as natural insulation?

Always thought thatched roofs fell short of the optimal solution.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I don't think its gonna be an issue as the death rate is so high, the number of emails I get every day about someone's unclaimed estate from Nigeria, each with a different name is ridiculous
    Yeah sorry mate, I pressed 'send' 16 times; must have been pissed at the time!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    So the answer is more destruction of nature. May as well concrete over the fecking lot of it.
    Not necessarily. Cities will grow, but outside of them there'll be more space for nature AND agriculture as rural communities shrink. There are also interesting projects in the urban agriculture field; I know a chap who's working on that in Amsterdam and it looks quite promising.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I don't think its gonna be an issue as the death rate is so high, the number of emails I get every day about someone's unclaimed estate from Nigeria, each with a different name is ridiculous

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    People in cities have less children than people in the country, all over the world, regardless of culture or religion.

So the answer is more destruction of nature. May as well concrete over the fecking lot of it.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    It won't. The population of Nigeria is becoming more and more urbanised. People in cities have less children than people in the country, all over the world, regardless of culture or religion. In fact, many urban populations in 3rd world countries have a similar birth rate to rich 'western' countries.

Believe me, I know something about this stuff. I just can't be arsed to write a textbook about spatial demography and intranational migration here on CUK for people who can use google to find out for themselves.

Leave a comment:

• TiroFijo
    replied
    That's a lot of poor people.
    Sterilize them after one child.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    And the world population will hit 7,000,000,000 around about 31/10/2011 according to R4 programme the other day.

The population only reached 1Bn in 1800 so doomed etc.

Leave a comment:

• KaiserWilly
    started a topic Nigeria will have +700M people in 2100

Nigeria will have +700M people in 2100

If you believe this

The UN predicts the world's population explosion: visualised | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Working...
X