• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The end of contracting as we know it for suity?"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    There is no gain in 'taking a stand' , 'getting my point across', 'showing I am no pushover', 'looking him straight in the eye', etc

with some guy you will never meet again. you are a contractor, here today , gone tomorrow
    forgotten and replaced next week.

go for the money and fkng fck em

in my humble opinion

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I have chucked it in.

Constructive crisis talks with PM ongoing.

As for what good the crisis talks will do? Potentially nothing, which is why this is only a stay of execution for two weeks. In effect the towel goes back in, in two weeks if all the positive talk turns out to be more rhetoric than pragmatic.

Worse case I earn 2 more weeks money.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Joeman View Post
    Rather than just chucking it in, why not exercise your "right to substitution" and stick some other poor bugger in there to do the work, whilst you go off and do something more interesting instead?
    Stop It. Suity CAN handle this. I'm going to encourage him all the way through to the other end, where he will emerge, triumphant, displaying balls the size of f***ing watermelons.

Don't listen to the negative voices Suity.

Get in that office this morning and smack these f***ers around a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Joeman
    replied
    Rather than just chucking it in, why not exercise your "right to substitution" and stick some other poor bugger in there to do the work, whilst you go off and do something more interesting instead?

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    This 'requirements gathering stuff' is hard work as opposed to some other IT functions (without going into detail and getting banned).
    Any issues, happy to assist.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    So, this morning the towel was 'chucked in' and you've spent the day in 'crisis talks' with the PM.

You might want to brush your teeth to take some of the taste away fella.

In general parlance, Suity has "bottled bottling it".

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Ere's one for the morning suity....go get 'em.

Bad Ass Mudda

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Suity psyching himself up in the hotel this morning:

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Have you considered taking some time off and getting a testicular transplant? Yours don't seem to be working....

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    Don't quit - the bar's not empty yet.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    In my little bubble you completely mean this
    Carpe Diem Suity, Carpe Diem.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Getting battered, posting drivel on here and then chucking it in? Not my best idea.

At least the PM knows that when I raise concerns, and risks to the project I'm not kidding.

Constructive crisis talks with PM ongoing.

Suity in bellend mode. Again.
    Oh suity, is this a new low; now you're quitting quitting!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Turn it up guv'nor. Suity is f**kin' hardcore.

When he finally leaves this project (delivered, on time, under budget) the men will cheer and the girls will cry.

The new Suity is emerging here and you, for one, should be very, very afraid !!
    In my little bubble you completely mean this

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    He would do, but those arse-kicking shoes still have dog turd on from the last time he went out with them on, so he's either got to scrape it all off with a spoon before going in, or using his customary flip flops.
    Turn it up guv'nor. Suity is f**kin' hardcore.

When he finally leaves this project (delivered, on time, under budget) the men will cheer and the girls will cry.

The new Suity is emerging here and you, for one, should be very, very afraid !!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    He would do, but those arse-kicking shoes still have dog turd on from the last time he went out with them on, so he's either got to scrape it all off with a spoon before going in, or using his customary flip flops.
    MF

Leave a comment:

Working...
X