• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If you're far enough North"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If it's too bright at night, have you tried wearing ?
    I prefer star watching without any form of ocular assistance, aside from my augmented reality smartphone app. Bit awkward walking into the local park carrying a 30 inch reflector or a giant set of binoculars anyway.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Can't see the stars during the day except for one very big one. Maybe we could have a happy hour at night when all lights are switched off.
    If it's too bright at night, have you tried wearing ?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Cos it's dark at night. I'd propose turning them off during the day.
    Can't see the stars during the day except for one very big one. Maybe we could have a happy hour at night when all lights are switched off.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I tried counting the stars in the square of Pegasus, which indicates how clear of light pollution your skies are. I made it 0. Why don't we turn lights off at night?
    Cos it's dark at night. I'd propose turning them off during the day.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I tried counting the stars in the square of Pegasus, which indicates how clear of light pollution your skies are. I made it 0. Why don't we turn lights off at night?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    So did anyone see it last night then???

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    Originally posted by keninparis View Post
    Just a suggestion - think changing your pic (apologies (to all) if my terminology is incorrect) may be an idea.
    Scottish football - jez. Maybe 'rent' out trainspotting.

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    Just a suggestion - think changing your pic (apologies (to all) if my terminology is incorrect) may be an idea.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Aye, here too. Boing!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    It's clouded up here

Oh to back in Bergen.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Do you think maybe some drunk students run a magnet by the Lancaster sensor every so often?
    Guess I would have..........

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    I think there's some inverse relation between the auroral activity and the amount of cloud here.
    Brilliantly clear night, just some light clouds moving in from the North-East.
    Saw a long, slow meteor following the path of the milky way around 11:15 ( about 35 degrees long).

Jupiter is very bright in the South, need to get the telescope out at the weekend (guaranteed downpour).

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Presently Yorkshire moors. If it's a goer I'll get dressed and go out for a look but bearing in mind I almost got arrested for trespassing on a race course last year when someone on here posted the same I want some
    proof first.
    Last year when the Perseids meteor shower was over the UK I went out in the middle of the night, another car pulled up, didn't know if they were doggers or geeks like me (unfortunately it was the latter)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Green at the moment but I'm keeping an eye out. I've seen the display before but it's always worth having another look.
    Presently Yorkshire moors. If it's a goer I'll get dressed and go out for a look but bearing in mind I almost got arrested for trespassing on a race course last year when someone on here posted the same I want some
    proof first.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    Aye,
    I had a red alert from these guys last night.

Welcome to AuroraWatch UK

Sadly I'd gone to bed earlier than normal. Also we were having our month's supply of rain delivered last night.
    Green at the moment but I'm keeping an eye out. I've seen the display before but it's always worth having another look.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X