• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I went round and round and my arm fell off"

Collapse

• zeitghost
    replied
    He seems to be doing ok anyway.

Lewis Lightfoot who lost arm inside washing machine starts school in Crewe two years after horror accident - Mirror Online

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Nope, but do you believe in Karma?
    not me. But I used to know this bird who believed in the Kama Sutra. I suppose , in a strange pervy way, I did end up getting my own back

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Seriously, it's rotten luck.

Many years ago, I worked in a foundry near Birmingham, and the guys there would tell horror stories about industrial accidents.

One guy was leaning over a sand mixer and his glasses slipped off his head onto the sand. The sand seemed practically motionless, although the glasses were slowly sinking into it. So he carefully leaned down to grab them, and somehow his hand was caught by a massive mixing arm sweeping round with immense force and speed just below the surface - Caught his arm, and ripped the whole thing clean off, and the poor guy died of blood loss and shock.

Leave a comment:

• BillHicksRIP
    replied
    Have read a few of the online articles and haven't found anywhere that's taking donations, and I am not going to some boozer in Crewe! Poor little guy. Hope he gets to Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

or K---a ?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    no
    How about "ARMageddon"?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Has he graduated to power tools yet?
    Oi Diver!!! Mich is taking the piss out of you, again!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Yes, I suppose it just resonated with me particularly strongly as I have a youngster who used to be fascinated by the washing machine.
    Has he graduated to power tools yet?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    tulip happens.
    Yes, I suppose it just resonated with me particularly strongly as I have a youngster who used to be fascinated by the washing machine.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    no
    That's alright then.

There's nothing wrong with laughing at someone elses misfortune. The Germans have a word for it which roughly translated means "Thank **** it wasn't my kid."

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    no

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    That is a horrible thing to have happened.
    If you look in the DM they have pages of toddlers heads being run over, falling off balconies, wandering into giant industrial shredding machines....it's a full time job at the DM being a sick miserable **** of a reporter.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    tulip happens.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I read it and laughed; does that make me a really evil person?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X