• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Iran crisis

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Iran crisis"

Collapse

• vista
    replied
    If in doubt

kill everyone and let the historians argue about it.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    How's your hearing, Stackpole?

Originally posted by stackpole
    I think he meant someone else other than Pascal. Personally I thought it was Houdini, but I'm probably thinking of another wager.
    I expect you hear a lot of whooshing noises throughout the day?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I think I'll leave this as an exercise for the reader.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    someone else's, shucks, you can admit it in here threaded, really your modesty is humbling.
    I think he meant someone else other than Pascal. Personally I thought it was Houdini, but I'm probably thinking of another wager.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    No, Pascals, it was someone elses idea so it didn't belong to him, so there, ner ner.
    I haven't a clue what you are on about, but I'll defend your right to say it, etc etc...

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    C'mon threaded, don't be coy

Originally posted by threaded
    No, Pascals, it was someone elses idea so it didn't belong to him, so there, ner ner.

someone else's, shucks, you can admit it in here threaded, really your modesty is humbling.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    According to precedent, we will only invade Iran if their nuclear enrichment facilities do not exist.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Pascal's

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Pascals Wager.

Leave a comment:

• Central-Scrutiniser
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    They won't payout after the Big Bang, but hey! you still get that feeling of security...
    Au contraire my esteemed ZG, Prudential are already Rapture Compliant.

My advice to all contractors is to become a Rapturist,if true then you get to go to Heaven, if not you will never be the wiser.

A Win Win Sitch .

Here is a well known Rapturist

Why not be a smartie
    Come and join the Rapture Party !

Last edited by Central-Scrutiniser; 20 April 2006, 13:00.

Leave a comment:

• Central-Scrutiniser
    replied
    Those whom would question our plans for War in Iran are concealing Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Iran will be the catalyst for the Rapture, we know that they already have nuclear weapons courtesy of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

The unprovoked nuclear attack upon Iran will trigger the Final Days.

Revel in your time.

Insure Now With Prudential
    Last edited by Central-Scrutiniser; 20 April 2006, 12:45.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    /rant on

Yep, this is a strange one. What is clear is that the president of Iran has been taking lessons from Bin Laden on how to play the super-powers. This little storm has one objective, to increase the value of oil on the markets and that seems like a good idea if you have lots of it to export and demand is very high. Hence the "wipe Israel off the map" rhetoric. But why do they want nuclear power if they have all that oil? Quite obviously they covet the Saudi ability to control oil markets because this power lets you fund terror networks and hold onto power with an iron fist but still be friends with America, so if you can export nearly every drop you essentially have a price spigot and a place by the fire. Nuclear weapons are just a bonus somewhere down the line but I don't think they are a priority right now. The only thing that has me scratching my head is why the Americans are falling for all this? Can't be stupidity can it? Not again anyway. Hang on a minute, don't the UK/US own most of the biggest oil companies? Look at their share prices recently, ahhhhhhhhh.

/rant off

Everyone's a winner, except us as usual.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    IIRC most people exposure to Polonium is due to smoking. Apparently the stuff they use to make fertiliser for tobacco plants has a lot of it and so ends up in the cigarettes.

Additionally the resulting radiation dose from a packet of cigarettes is the same as having a chest X-ray.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    That's why the boys at Burghfield use Neutron Generators...

Switch on...
    Switch <BANG>...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X