• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I worry for Euroland ..."

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    You really are becoming a characature of yourself!
    Obviously not an education

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Once the storm blows over, what does the UK have to offer the world other than speculating with funny money?
    You really are becoming a characature of yourself!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Once the storm blows over, what does the UK have to offer the world other than speculating with funny money?
    First thing you ever said that remotely makes any sense

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    PS What does the congregation think of the Cables dismal view for the UK - is it really going to get as bad as says ?

Even then we're up to our eyeballs in debt, until this debt is paid down, government of any colour shall dance to the bankers tune. Our vaunted triple AAA rating is far more important than the quality of the lives of the voters.

It's bad and shall become worse before it gets better.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    A group of computer nerd misfits. Perhaps even a joke? Such were the portrayals of the Pirate Party in Berlin prior to Sunday’s city-state election,” reports Der Spiegel. “After all, how could a single-issue party made up largely of twentysomething men really be serious about politics?

Never forget - they laighed at Hitler when he first appeared in German politics- and the only problem with political jokes- is that they tend to get elected.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    How about "Seig Salmond" (SS) ?

Darn, we could do with a Nazi salute glyph, with a tiny sloping fringe and postage stamp tash ..

Jings OH - yes youre on to somethinig there - Seig Salmond does have quite a ring - anyway boys and girls - joking aside the SNP gets my vote .

PS What does the congregation think of the Cables dismal view for the UK - is it really going to get as bad as says ?

Britain's Business Secretary Vince Cable told the Liberal Democrat conference that the economic challenges facing the UK are the "equivalent of war". In a bleak assessment of the future, he said the era of ever-rising living standards had ended and people were just worrying about "how to survive".

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post

What a Cretin. 'First Past the Post' is what has kept the BNP from gaining a seat in Parliament. You just have to look at the European and London Assembly elections to appreciate the gains they are achieving in the UK.

Stick to telling tales about your manshed and fantasy bikes, chump.
    I think it's the large section of elites running British society that prevent it. The whole lot would have to be knocked out for commoners to take over. Slim chance of that. The BNP wouldn't be allowed access to brains, military, police, media, money or power. The elites own those.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post

What a Cretin. 'First Past the Post' is what has kept the BNP from gaining a seat in Parliament. You just have to look at the European and London Assembly elections to appreciate the gains they are achieving in the UK.

Don't be so bloody ridiculous.

The UK is seen as the land of the opportunity and the free, where everyone has an opportunity to shine and live the dream. No KKK here my friend.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Extremism isn't in the British political DNA. That's my point. I think it was expunged in teh English Civil War. I think we must be the only major country without a far right MP?

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Extremism isn't in the British political DNA. That's my point. I think it was expunged in teh English Civil War. I think we must be the only major country without a far right MP?
    A number of the big players in Euroland have had far right governments before. Most of them are terrified of having another. The rest of Europe went to war with them.
    Certainly there are far right groups that have a political foothold in these countries, but the major part of the populace does not want it.

I would also suggest that the UK is not immune. There may be no far right MP at the moment, but there have been rumblings for the last 3 elections now. I have heard lots of non extreme people willing to vote BNP if things do not change. They have held off at the last moment after the 3 major parties have all made the right noises to calm these people down.
    How many times can successive Governments fail to deliver on election promises before the public says **** it and votes BNP.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Who's to say it wouldn't happen here too. We're Europeans now and packed in tighter than ever. Well, Polish mostly.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    If you think I'm exaggerating the risk:

Resurgence of far-right in Europe (SLIDESHOW) - International Business Times

And this is before the crap hits the fan
    You're certainly not exaggerating the risk. Europe's inbred chav hopeless cases are uniting to blame all their problems on Mooslims, 'lefties', 'foreigners' and the EU, and unfortunately there are quite a lot of hopeless cases in society. The big problem comes as the middle classes get scared of what's going on in the world and start collaborating with the ignorant semi-literate chav parties, as is happening in Holland.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    UK Pirates. Go on, vote for them, you know its right

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    German pirates? Whoever heard of such as thing. Arrrr.
    This geezer

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    If you think I'm exaggerating the risk:

Resurgence of far-right in Europe (SLIDESHOW) - International Business Times

And this is before the crap hits the fan
    Who's to say it wouldn't happen here too. We're Europeans now and packed in tighter than ever. Well, Polish mostly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X