• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So, what is stopping the price of Gold rocketing skyward?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    sassy doesn't buy gold, he buys houses in Wandsworth which double in value every few weeks. This time next year some trillionaire will be begging him to sell it.
    WHS

The very houses next to that Wandsworth Her Majesty's Prison.

That's because he is worth it!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    I had to sell some of my gold to take profits, so that's probably pushed the price down significantly.

SAS
    sassy doesn't buy gold, he buys houses in Wandsworth which double in value every few weeks. This time next year some trillionaire will be begging him to sell it.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    I had to sell some of my gold to take profits, so that's probably pushed the price down significantly.

SAS

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Perhaps all those number-crunching investors have concluded that recent panic buying, especially by the amateurs, has way over-priced it.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Perhaps things aren't really that bad?

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Any ideas from you brainy investment types?
    Well, investment banks such as JP Morgan will continue to manipulate the paper-based instrument.

Only physical gold is safe.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Perhaps everyone who wants it and can afford it already has as much as they want.
    Or everyone who wants it and can afford it is waiting for those who have it, but can't afford to keep it to sell it.

Same with houses.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Perhaps everyone who wants it and can afford it already has as much as they want.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    DimPrawn is on your ignore list, cos he hasn't got a ******* clue.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Any ideas from you brainy investment types?
    DimPrawn is on your ignore list, cos he hasn't got a ******* clue.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    but would it mean more or less global warming?
    Less. Well known that the Oil Aliens of Glacatus 3 use giant Ice Warriors from the Planet Dave. Be like dropping ice cubes in a glass of Pimms.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Invasion from a far galaxy with giant 500ft Aliens made out of oil in giant gold & platinum space ships who get defeated when they give BP the contract for building drills to steal the earths water.

Oh that would also knock the oil price a bit.
    but would it mean more or less global warming?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Invasion from a far galaxy with giant 500ft Aliens made out of oil in giant gold & platinum space ships who get defeated when they give BP the contract for building drills to steal the earths water.

Oh that would also knock the oil price a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Of all people to complain about that!!!!
    Hey! "Do as I say, not as I do" isn't a bad tenet to live by.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Aw come on chaps FFS, don't derail my thread, it was a serious question.
    Of all people to complain about that!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X