• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bite Consulting

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bite Consulting"

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    these guys are parasites because they sit on top of the agents that got you the job...hence their charge comes directly out of your daily rate from the agents.

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    .. or the pub.... hic...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    when they come back from Church ...

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    fascinating. thanks for that neuralgia. i'm sure the rest of the congregation will be spellbound.

Leave a comment:

• neuralsea
    started a topic Bite Consulting

Bite Consulting

I've arrived here from Australia and thought I'd tell you guys about some important things I've learnt.
    1. I went with Bite Consulting as an umbrella company. I do not recommend them although they do do a good resume that works for the UK market. Apart from the resume your on your own when it comes to finding work - they seem too committed to wasting your time with their 10 point plan instead of getting you into the market. Also - even if you get a job within 3 weeks as a contractor you still have to wait over 2 more months on top of that to get paid from them. Guys, look into this!!! Don't be caught with no pay for almost 3 months in London. Go with another company - there are plenty more with better reputations - a recruitment company can give you a list of who they'd recommend.
    2. The first contract is hardest in London - I've got 4 years as a .NET developer and first contract was the least paying. Don't be lulled into comparing what you were on elsewhere and think that you are paid heaps - odds are that they are offering you something that they think you'll take precisely for this reason.
    3. Don't accept the first offer - if you are anything like me and you are desperate to find work and are living on a shoestring until your first pay you are wanting work now. But don't accept the first offer - you will be able to get more - London is alot more expensive to live and your skills are needed (except possibly around the end of year where its harder to get work as the market is on the downturn.)
    4. If you don't like the environment of where you are working - leave. It looks better on your resume that it was you who made the choice.

So to recap - don't think in your local currency, don't accept the first offer, leave if you don't like your workplace and don't go with Bite consulting.

I hope this helps you.
    Last edited by neuralsea; 17 April 2006, 14:39. Reason: default tagline

Working...
X