• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sion-Ara!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sion-Ara!!"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Rangers won't become insolvent and wither but tough times ahead I think. It's been mentioned that maybe Whyte is a bit out of his depth financially. If he wants to play with the big boys...
    He's actually from Motherwell, the Whyte fella. Maybe he's a secret agent working for John Boyle.

And being from Motherwell, anything that involves more cash than a bottle of Buckie, 10 Mayfair and a packet of Monster Munch would cost will be too complicated to comprehend

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Tell me about it, we're too busy keeping our eye on the piggybank to be worrying about things like Europe. Plus the way we're going it'd be the Megabus to Barcelona.

Rangers won't become insolvent and wither but tough times ahead I think. It's been mentioned that maybe Whyte is a bit out of his depth financially. If he wants to play with the big boys...

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Tell me about it, we're too busy keeping our eye on the piggybank to be worrying about things like Europe. Plus the way we're going it'd be the Megabus to Barcelona.

To coin an old gag, well, from last night anyway.....

HMRC are going to impose a £14M penalty on Rangers.

You c**ts are always getting penalties

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Keeps the huns amused, the only smiles they'll have on their faces this season

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    FTFY
    Keeps the huns amused, the only smiles they'll have on their faces this season

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Anyway, who cares? More money for the Hoops and some great European humpings to look forward to. Happy Days!

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    UEFA are going to lose on this. However, I don't see them reinstating Sion, they'll end up just paying compensation.
    I wouldn't be so sure.
    Sion lawyers went to civil courts, breaking FIFA statutes, after losing verdicts at FIFA, the Court of Arbitration for Sport and the Swiss supreme court.

Sion broke FIFA transfer rules in 2008 by luring goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary to walk out on Egyptian club Al-Ahly in the middle of the season. It received a one-year transfer ban from the governing body of world football.

Platini said Tuesday that football should sanction clubs for “using their influence and wealth to induce players to breach their contracts.”

“This is against all rules of sporting fairness,” he said.

FIFA and UEFA believed Sion’s ban took effect when the club exhausted an officially recognized appeal route at Switzerland’s supreme court in January.

However, the legal saga continued because Sion contended that it served the ban cumulatively over a series of trading periods.

Platini said before the Europa League draw in Monaco last month that Sion’s team against Celtic included players signed “in clear violation of the ban.”

UEFA entered Sion in the draw with an asterisk against the club’s name pending the outcome of Celtic’s protests. The group also includes Udinese and Rennes.

Sion and Constantin have pursued many lines of legal attack and defense during more than three years of wrangling.

The club’s holding company tried to launch a criminal action against FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke and UEFA counterpart Gianni Infantino for allegedly coercing the Swiss Football Association to help persuade Sion to accept its punishments.

Public prosecutors in Vaud refused to accept the case last month.

Anyway, who cares? More money for the Hoops and some great European nights to look forward to. Happy Days!

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Sion and their mad chairman are repeat offenders. They tapped up an egyptian goalie and broke the rules. They then transgressed by signing players when they were forbidden to do so. They then further compounded the problem by playing said players repeatedly having been warned they were ineligible. They then dragged the civil courts into the matter when that is again something illegal according to UEFA rules.
    Whilst I do not rate the performance of FIFA/UEFA, if they are replaced then the next regime will in all probability be just as bad.
    Actually the facts are that they were banned for two transfer windows. FIFA did not specify which transfer windows, so Sion counted the current transfer window they were in and the subsequent one as the two windows. FIFA said nope, we meant the next one and the one after. Sion said you didn't say that.

End result FIFA imposed transfer embargo, Sion disputed it, Swiss FA would not allow them to register the players for the Swiss league, Sion went to court and won, Swiss FA had to register them.

UEFA Europa League rules state each club is responsible for submitting an A list of players (List A) and a B list of players (List B), duly signed, to its association for verification, validation, signature and forwarding to UEFA.

Sion sent the list to the Swiss FA and they were verified, validated, signed and sent onto UEFA. To the letter of the law, the players were registered for the Europa league as the rules set out.

UEFA are going to lose on this. However, I don't see them reinstating Sion, they'll end up just paying compensation.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Yeah, but Sion are doing it right and challenging in the civil courts. Let's see Sepp Blatter smiling as he's wheeled away to do 30 days in some Swiss jail for contempt of court.

I ******* hate FIFA/UEFA, the game has been ****ed by money by those in charge.
    Sion and their mad chairman are repeat offenders. They tapped up an egyptian goalie and broke the rules. They then transgressed by signing players when they were forbidden to do so. They then further compounded the problem by playing said players repeatedly having been warned they were ineligible. They then dragged the civil courts into the matter when that is again something illegal according to UEFA rules.
    Whilst I do not rate the performance of FIFA/UEFA, if they are replaced then the next regime will in all probability be just as bad.
    The tournaments they host are by invite only and have certain guidelines which all clubs must adhere to in order to participate. Sion and their crazed chairman have consistently flouted these rules and are now facing the music.
    No sympathy for them. If they are allowed to ride a coach and horses through clearly defined rules then expect bigger clubs to do similar and use them as a precedent.
    I am sure that nice man Mr Platini knows what he is doing. And if the Swiss are not careful they might find their national team out on its erchie too.

Now roll on thursday night and the big match!!

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Doesn't really matter. UEFA, like FIFA, can do what they like and nobody can question them. You can challenge them in their own courts of appeal and unsurprisingly nothing gets changed.
    Yeah, but Sion are doing it right and challenging in the civil courts. Let's see Sepp Blatter smiling as he's wheeled away to do 30 days in some Swiss jail for contempt of court.

I ******* hate FIFA/UEFA, the game has been ****ed by money by those in charge.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    I understand the issue was which 2 transfer windows were the 2 Sion were banned from signing players in.

The ban was given on something like the 3rd day of a specific transfer window. Sion say that was then the 1st window they were banned from. UEFA say it started on the next one.

Has anyone actually seen the wording of UEFA's initial ruling? Surely the wording of the ban would be specific?

Anyway, good luck to Celtic, Scottish football needs all the help it can get right now.
    Doesn't really matter. UEFA, like FIFA, can do what they like and nobody can question them. You can challenge them in their own courts of appeal and unsurprisingly nothing gets changed.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    It's the same type of issue surrounding Lennon's ban. It's arguing over the strict wording of the punishment imposed. It'll be funny if it bites Celtic on the arse seeing how they used a similar argument to get Lennon off the ban.

**** yer coefficient.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    I understand the issue was which 2 transfer windows were the 2 Sion were banned from signing players in.

The ban was given on something like the 3rd day of a specific transfer window. Sion say that was then the 1st window they were banned from. UEFA say it started on the next one.

Has anyone actually seen the wording of UEFA's initial ruling? Surely the wording of the ban would be specific?

Anyway, good luck to Celtic, Scottish football needs all the help it can get right now.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Think of the coefficient you bounder!!!

Incognito has already been PMing me best wishes and good luck on our reinstatement!

Aye, something like that.

I ******* hope Platini gets the jail next time he's at UEFA HQ, Sion have a court order ordering their reinstatement.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Will it not hurt twice as much when you are knocked out for the second time from the same cup in the same season!
    The extra few million we make will soften the blow.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X