• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Getting a bit windy"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Isle of Bute ferry disrupted again today.

The Island's shops will soon br running out of haggis and Nessie toys.......time for some humanitarian aid !!!
    There are plenty of deer in your neck of the woods, go and shoot a couple.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Isle of Bute ferry disrupted again today.

The Island's shops will soon br running out of haggis and Nessie toys.......time for some humanitarian aid !!!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Reminds me of the boat in Waterworld

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Some dramatic pictures here

That can't be the runway, running to the left can it? I mean, the aircraft appears to be heading to the right...

Apparently so: Easy peazy.

One wheel on my wagon...

And another plane landing sideways at the same spot: Oww my nose.

Don't clap, all I did is press the 'land' button. Hope you had a nice trip, please fly with us again.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    BBC News - Driver killed as hurricane winds batter parts of UK

It does sound rough up north

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Same old same old
    I'm just getting used to it

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Lots of branches scattered around outside, but temperatures are holding up down south. Good idea about migrating over winter, flights can be cheap as chips to the likes of the Canaries and Ibiza too.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Pretty windy here in cloggieland.
    Same old same old

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Pretty windy here in cloggieland.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    First "think we should have the heating on?" salvo in this season's heating war has been fired. Testing my defences I think.

I have my shorts and flip flops on now and just put a bunch of dried red chillies in tonight's pasta.

It's going to be a long winter.
    I refuse to put the heating on at this time of year. I can afford the bills but a point of principle in not paying the bastards any more than I have to.

Wooly fleece - I look like a Serbian shepherd but very warm.
    Two piece thermal teflon coated suit - prime purpose for fishing in cold weather.
    The above with wooly hat and fingerless gloves.

Flight to somewhere warm for the winter - cheaper than heating bills.

Sorted this winter.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    First "think we should have the heating on?" salvo in this season's heating war has been fired. Testing my defences I think.

I have my shorts and flip flops on now and just put a bunch of dried red chillies in tonight's pasta.

It's going to be a long winter.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Staying with a friend instead, still pretty bad here.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Forced to work from home today due to ferry cancellations

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The last bit on the 1 o'clock news was some female news reporter standing at Saltcoats beach expressing how windy it was, 2 minutes later the Scotland news had the same report from the exact same position but with a different girl.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Gone a bit quiet here just now, was fairly gusty this afternoon.

My four wheelie bins have been tied up so they do not end up across the garden like last time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X