• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Property better than gold"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So you're renting in Wimbledon Village. Ouch. That must hurt.
    It was a bit of a comedown from Marylebone but I've adjusted. We have a couple of new Waitrose now which makes it easier to bear.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Sorry, got to go, helicopter is waiting outside.

WAIT!!!

You forgot your spaghetti!!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Your new nurse is much better than your old one. Looks like she gives your meds on time.
    Sorry, got to go, helicopter is waiting outside.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    If you are poor but have a good imagination, life is pretty sweet.

Your new nurse is much better than your old one. Looks like she gives your meds on time.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Yes indeed, anyone who can look around his bedsit and convince himself it's a manor house has been very lucky with his psychological issues.

If you are poor but have a good imagination, life is pretty sweet.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yes indeed, anyone who can look around his bedsit and convince himself it's a manor house has been very lucky with his psychological issues.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    There's an old saying, it is better in life to be lucky than smart, and sasguru epitomises this trait.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    There's an old saying, it is better in life to be lucky than smart, and sasguru epitomises this trait.

I think the saying is is "its better to be rich and stupid .....". Now I'm one of those and you're one of those.
    I'll let the congregation decide who is what.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You also seem to have it confused with being in the right place at the right time, and very little idea what it actually entails..

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It keeps you from finding real serious errors.
    Oh well that's OK as long as I can invoice.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Why do they keep making it so easy?
    It keeps you from finding real serious errors.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Your job does not require it - you seek faults in other people's work rather than trying to do actual work yourself.
    Why do they keep making it so easy?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Unlike you Sas, I'm not really very intelligent, but then unlike you I've never really needed to be intelligent.
    Your job does not require it - you seek faults in other people's work rather than trying to do actual work yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Not really.
    Unlike you Sas, I'm not really very intelligent, but then unlike you I've never really needed to be intelligent.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    You really wish I would rise to that bait, but you know that I won't.
    Not really.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X