• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New hand driers at client co"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Not quite as bad as when I drop my ranic in it.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    They spread bacteria all over the place and if you publish a paper with your findings through evidence Dyson's lawyers go after you even if it is the truth.
    They can take your skin off if you leave your hands in too long.

Three weeks I think

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    is it safe for work?
    If you saw it you'd never use a Dyson drier again!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I have photographic evidence...
    is it safe for work?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    They spread bacteria all over the place and if you publish a paper with your findings through evidence Dyson's lawyers go after you even if it is the truth.
    I have photographic evidence...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Experience tells me otherwise!
    Perhaps there is a different mechanism heating the air - they definitely "warm up" during longer use
    Website say is uses 1,600W, so if it's say 60% efficient, leaves a lot (maybe 1kW) of energy, perhaps KE of the air.

Alternatively website says the air is travelling at 400mph, or 178 m/s, which is more than the average speed difference of air molecules of 20 degrees C versus 100 degrees C. So the air could feel warm, alternatively it might well heat the unit up as it passes obstructions. Either way, that 1.6kW is ending up someplace.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Perhaps there is a different mechanism heating the air - they definitely "warm up" during longer use
    perhaps it has something to do with the. Velocity at which the air is expelled?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    They also heat the air

A faster dry time and no energy-hungry heating element means the Dyson Airblade™ hand dryer costs up to 80% less to run than warm air hand dryers and up to 97% less than paper towels.

Paper towels are costly | Dysonairblade.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Like anything Dyson they will be on the rubbish tip in a few months.
    I had one of their first bagless vacuum cleaners. Worked ok but nowhere near as good as my Henry which cost less than half the price of the Dyson.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Like anything Dyson they will be on the rubbish tip in a few months.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    They also heat the air

I am curious as to how the lable on the front of them proclaims that they are the "Most Hygenic" hand driers. Given that there is more chance of touching the sides of the drier and the way water drips of your hands into the bottom of the device I would have thought that they were less hygenic than old style hand driers
    ....but more hygienic than the dirty old stripey towel hanging from the wooden roller.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Yeah, they are pretty effective, it must be cheaper to blow air than to heat it too. Might be improved with a buzzer that goes off if you touch the sides, or an electric shock.
    They also heat the air

I am curious as to how the lable on the front of them proclaims that they are the "Most Hygenic" hand driers. Given that there is more chance of touching the sides of the drier and the way water drips of your hands into the bottom of the device I would have thought that they were less hygenic than old style hand driers

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Actually dries your tongue very well, from experience. Could be good for doggies.
    Have you seen the crap that lives in the bottom of those things?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X