• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Agents!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agents!!!"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I think that in all fairness to the girls, I could not possibly draw any meaningful comparison without trying both out simultaneously. Set up a meet TW and I will report back with my findings.........as soon as I get my breath back!

I would have enough trouble trying out both simultaneously myself, let alone setting it up for a third party.

Unless you can you supply 2 references, in which case game on!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Let's put it to the CUK vote:

Who does the panel think would make the best agent (despite the second one not being an agent)?
    or
    I think that in all fairness to the girls, I could not possibly draw any meaningful comparison without trying both out simultaneously. Set up a meet TW and I will report back with my findings.........as soon as I get my breath back!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, Marlies is an agent.
    Let's put it to the CUK vote:

Who does the panel think would make the best agent (despite the second one not being an agent)?
    or

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It's only unfortunate if you have the mental age of a 3 year old
    Not to worry sas, perhaps in future, posters could mark their offerings in such a way that this particular limitation of yours might not spoil your enjoyment.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    What an unfortunate name..............Tanja Kok!! Does that mean she has a penchant for the Oxo Tower?

I thought that was what "back office service" meant!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    What an unfortunate name..............Tanja Kok!! Does that mean she has a penchant for the Oxo Tower?

It's only unfortunate if you have the mental age of a 3 year old, you gurning moron.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Bottom half of the page; there must be at least one agent that you would...
    Team

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    All of whome are "backoffice", except Laura Tuininga, Marketing & Communicatie (s4@gs potential clients?) for some reason.
    No, Marlies is an agent.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Team
    All of whome are "backoffice", except Laura Tuininga, Marketing & Communicatie (s4@gs potential clients?) for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They forgot our brilliant idea of turning around and saying "No".

What amuses me more is then they then phone up 2 or 3 days later trying it on again.
    You're just playing hard to get.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I think it is a new brilliant idea they have had.

They forgot our brilliant idea of turning around and saying "No".

What amuses me more is then they then phone up 2 or 3 days later trying it on again.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Team

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I think it is a new brilliant idea they have had. When I was looking to go permie (list of valid excuses on request) one pimp was talking about a gig which ticked all the boxes - then he casually dropped in that it paid 10K less than he originally said - I mean WTF?

I also had an interview (with their appointed agent) for a US SaaS software house who are trying to set up an implementation group here - they told me the sal range and asked what I wanted - told 'em the max of course. Then the pimp phiones to say the max budget is actually 20k less.

I dunno if they think we're going to say "Oh fair enough" or something, but both are now on my ignore list - the first pimp even had the cheek to ring me last week.

I do know that they have wasted a shed load of my time and theirs for no gain - and the SaaS job remains unfilled because I know two other people they tried to pull the exact same stunt with and who have also turned them down - one after being given a written offer. It is a crap business model as far as I can see to spend ages on the phone, email and writing letters only to hack everyone off and not make any cash.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I think you mean 'adjective'.
    Possibly.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I think you mean 'adjective'.

Leave a comment:

Working...