• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What happens if you run a ratings agency and you strip the USA of it's AAA rating?"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    The funny thing is, this news will unsettle "investors" who will sell, sell, sell and buy into the "safe haven" of US government debt (bonds).

Leave a comment:

• Clever Hans
    replied
    They've also launched an investigation into S&Ps evaluations leading up to the credit crisis.

Apparently, its important to look at this stuff now. For some reason.

Assuming S&P's grading is fair (and presumably well, well, overdue), then the outrageous political reaction is surely reason enough to downgrade the USA further.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Who would do such a thing? I know I wouldn't.
    Who would without solid inside info on exact timing of event that never happened before...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Someone apparently bet like $800 mln on rating cut and made $10 bln.
    Who would do such a thing? I know I wouldn't.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Someone apparently bet like $800 mln on rating cut and made $10 bln.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Gold going up so fast it will breach infinity any day now.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It's all a farce. Rich people don't get to stay rich by accident.
    Come the revolution, eh Brother?

I wonder who that is breaking the door do...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    It's all a farce. Rich people don't get to stay rich by accident.

Leave a comment:

• What happens if you run a ratings agency and you strip the USA of it's AAA rating?

S&P president Deven Sharma steps down just weeks after credit rating agency stripped US of AAA credit rating - Telegraph

McGraw-Hill, the parent of S&P, said in a statement late last night that he will be replaced by Douglas Peterson, now the chief operating officer of Citibank, Citigroup's chief banking arm.

It's a farce!

Working...
X