• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Evidence discredits theory of evolution for ever"

Collapse

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Originally posted by Bitbucket
    Dr Who had just too many budget monsters , even at a very young age it was easy to see that the Dr Who monsters were just adults dressed up to look scary , but using a coulored pair of tights over your head and some bits of cardboard stuck on in Blue Peter fashion just didnt make me pi$$ my pants.
    The best one was a monster made of Licorice Allsorts.

Leave a comment:

• Bitbucket
    replied
    Dr Who is crud

Much preferred Star Trek as it has far better production quality , much slicker sets and more believeable characters.

Dr Who had just too many budget monsters , even at a very young age it was easy to see that the Dr Who monsters were just adults dressed up to look scary , but using a coulored pair of tights over your head and some bits of cardboard stuck on in Blue Peter fashion just didnt make me pi$$ my pants.

Even the weapons on Star Trek were good , you could imagine pointing thoes phasers at someone and giving them a good blasting , and what did Dr Who have ... Some water pistol they had bought from wollies and stuck a few more bits on so you wouldnt notice , you could almost see the Bostik drying.

And as for that police box , what the feck is that all about , do you not realise the melting point of a police box , re-entry burn up would be an absolute certainty.

OK so someone is probably going to tell me it was a special high melting point police box , but what the feck it just looked like something that the police had chucked out , then the BBC props dept. had subsequently salvaged it from a skip along with most of the other props.

Oh as I am in full ranting flow here , Darleks , the only thing I can say about them is that they are the Skoda's of the scary alien world , such low cost interplanitary inhabitants wouldnt make it past envelope design stage. And what was that bog plunger arm for ? were they hoping to suck their enemies to death ?

Sorry guys but no one was fooled by your barstardised "Victory" patented bog flush chains or your sticky back plastic control panels , result is "You must try harder"

In fact the only good bit about Dr Who was the music at the start , which strangely enough , when it ended, signalled the start of Star Trek on the other channel , and hence a good time to grab the TV controls.

Note to all you Darlek fans , your backing a looser , try coming back as Spock , Kirk or Scotty.
    Last edited by Bitbucket; 13 April 2006, 09:08.

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Controller
    replied
    Originally posted by Emperor Dalek

Is this guy for real?
    Sadly, yes.

Besides, I thought it was far past time another of us Dr Who monsters stopped lurking and started posting.

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    This working from home lark is excellent, I get to veg out in front of my TV watching God TV, Daystar etc and get to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to a section of society that is so out of touch with morality they would not know idolatory if it came and bitch slapped them and called itself "secular humanism".

Is this guy for real?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    This working from home lark is excellent, I get to veg out in front of my TV watching God TV, Daystar etc and get to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to a section of society that is so out of touch with morality they would not know idolatory if it came and bitch slapped them and called itself "secular humanism".
    There you go, confusing morality with religion...

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian
    If nothing sticks to Teflon, how does teflon stick to the pan?
    And how does it stick to itself?

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    did you just make that up?
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.

- J. Goebbels

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    How come there's only one Monopolies Commission?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Sorry DG...

Why is Dyslexic such a difficult word?

If nothing sticks to Teflon, how does teflon stick to the pan?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I had hoped you'd realise it was a joke, and might have come back with a pithy retort. Why is lisp spelled with an 's' anyway?
    Sorry DG...

Why is Dyslexic such a difficult word?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    and one for chico

The difference between a saint and a hypocrite is that one lies for his religion, the other by it. ~ Minna Antrim

Chico, have you met this Minna Antrim?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    That was disappointing

Nope.

Try searching the interweb...thing!
    I had hoped you'd realise it was a joke, and might have come back with a pithy retort. Why is lisp spelled with an 's' anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Errm, that's a new one on me... did you just make that up?
    Nope.

Try searching the interweb...thing!

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Errm, that's a new one on me

How many times have you heard the following?

"If you say it often enough, people will start to believe it!"
    did you just make that up?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X