• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blood curdling doom on the Stock Market"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    MitchTheTeste

he he he, intentional spelling mishtaik
    Oi Suity! I've met Mich, he's a big lad. Not someone you'd refer to as a bollock, no sir! I wouldn't call him a hairy testical if I were you.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    MitchTheTeste

he he he, intentional spelling mishtaik

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    BoE have the solution!

Banks 'should take more risk' argues BoE executive director - Telegraph

AtW will be pleased!

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Only 40 posts to go to 5k - might start a 'gold counting thread'

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Gold $1850 - $2k any time soon?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Here's something to chew while doom is plastered all over the place.

The FTSE 100 is massively overvalued and has been for some time. 2500 I could believe but 5000? There's no way UK companies should be worth that much considering the contribution the make to the world at large. It's mad.

The FTSE is massively overvalued: those selling are behaving rationally » Tax Research UK

I wish it would just all fall through the floor rather than this protracted slow motion of a show.
    Current doom has very little to do with UK shares - it's all EU/US debt/growth/double dip panic.

the £ seems to be holding up quite well considering - I think international markets are looking at the coalition cuts and saying "WHS"

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Sh!t the bed!

Gold is at $1844 an ounce!

When the bubble bursts some people are going to lose big time!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    It was obviously some secret EU initiative (or order).
    B0llox.

I remember that day when he announced it - at the time he loaded up debt via PFI but still wanted to look "prudent", yet he needed money to "invest" into public services, so he sold the gold to get extra cash without raising taxes or breaking his "golden rule".

In a way he locked himself into it by (thanks to Bliar) refusing to use direct taxation to finance spending, something had to be sold and they were hardly into privitisation.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    It's been a pretty good day for gold, but no shiny new record today.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Here's something to chew while doom is plastered all over the place.

The FTSE 100 is massively overvalued and has been for some time. 2500 I could believe but 5000? There's no way UK companies should be worth that much considering the contribution the make to the world at large. It's mad.

The FTSE is massively overvalued: those selling are behaving rationally » Tax Research UK

I wish it would just all fall through the floor rather than this protracted slow motion of a show.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Apart from a few hundred gold sovereigns in a box at home, I ain't got no gold, sold it all awaiting a big crash which will drag gold down with it.

Those coins are for swapping for food in a Mad Max scenario.
    After the Big One, our gang will make a bee line for Darras Hall on motor trikes, packing a brace of shotguns over our shoulders.

Er, which was your house again?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

When you say "we"....Explain why you sold Britain's gold, Gordon Brown told - Telegraph

He should be jailed for that IMHO.
    It was obviously some secret EU initiative (or order).

Can't think why he is so cagey about spilling the beans, especially if it would exonerate him to some extent.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    singing branch manager to boot.
    That was the tipping point for me. If I had one of you handguns...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Soon to be homeless.
    You could always move your sofa into the office. What more could you want than a sofa, a coffee machine and thousands of servers?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Soon to be homeless.
    You could always **** off back to Russia.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X