• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Contractor Lunch

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor Lunch"

Collapse

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W
    Giant have OK'd it with Hector.
    I guess you don't need a receipt either then?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Claimed as subsistence, of course.
    Giant have OK'd it with Hector.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny
    I can only stretch to ........dripping.
    Is that anything to do with Jabbers sandwich

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    I can only stretch to stale bread and dripping.

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    No surprise there.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    I have asked for a sausage sandwich, heavy on the mayo.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I have 2 on order, but I have asked them to hold the foie gras as its cruel, and could I have mine with British beef, extra strong Lancashire cheese and a little english mustard instead of all that foreign muck.

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    started a topic Contractor Lunch

Contractor Lunch

Anyone fancy one of these for lunch? Claimed as subsistence, of course.

Hungry shoppers are being offered the chance to eat a gourmet sandwich, but the £85 price tag might be too much for some to swallow. The McDonald sandwich - named after its creator Scott McDonald, the chef at London department store Selfridges - is said to be the world's most expensive.

Its cost is down to the Wagyu beef that makes up most of the filling, packed in a 24-hour fermented sour dough bread. There have been at least five advance orders placed for the 21oz (595g) meal.

Food and catering director at Selfridges on Oxford Street, Ewan Venters, said: "Well it is definitely a very healthy, a very hearty sandwich. "Between the beef and the foie gras with black truffle mayonnaise and some fine cheese, it's a real delight.

"We've have some fantastic reaction already from customers who are looking forward to coming in to buy one."

The ingredients of the sandwich are: Wagyu beef, fresh lobe foie gras, black truffle mayonnaise, brie de meaux, rocket, red pepper and mustard confit and English plum tomatoes.

'Most expensive sandwich' on sale

Working...
X