• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's your double dip plan?"

Collapse

• Cr1spy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Anyone double dip today then?
    Don't go second. That's all I'm saying...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    There should be a law against double dipping.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    WTF has all this big wannabee talk about guns got to do with the OP?

F*** all. Get a life you lot
    Yes, you'r right. Lets talk about flags. Here's one.

Oh look, it's got an AK 47

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    WTF has all this big wannabee talk about guns got to do with the OP?

F*** all. Get a life you lot

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The M16-M4 will jam
    It did not jam when they shot Bin Laden in the head, his AK did not help him much.

And if it jams you use grenade launcher to blow the poor bastid into giblets, failing that side fire arm is always there.

AK-47 was created (ripped off MP-44 actually) for poorly trained, poorly educated infantry which was not expected to live long enough so they never received proper training.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Anyone double dip today then?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You can have AK 47, and I'll have this:

I'll write "He liked Putin and AK-47" on your grave stone as warning to future generations

As for for hard to maintain guns, well a soldier that does not maintain his gun well deserves to die.
    I think we need to ask Shaunbouy (ex SAS) but the most import point about a gun is the ability to do a field strip in a battle situation.

The M16-M4 will jam

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The whole point of an AK 47 is that it is simple and robust. Anyone can maintain it. It can be dropped in mud and water and still be fired. An AK 47 is VERY powerful and will shoot through brick and 4x2. It is not very accurate but in automatic mode, you can't miss.
    You can have AK 47, and I'll have this:

I'll write "He liked Putin and AK-47" on your grave stone as warning to future generations

As for for hard to maintain guns, well a soldier that does not maintain his gun well deserves to die.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post

A long long time ago ...

On this forum I predicted -in the future -we shall vote not for Polical Partys but Banks - so you could find yourslef voting Barclays RSB rather than Labout or Tory.

The best way to cope with the global financial meltdown - on the basis that if you cant beat them - is for ecah individual to form theiir own Bank with fractal reserve capavlity - all you need is a laptop , a phone and a few big loans later you shall be filling your boots.

Perfect.
    Had lunch in the pub today Alf?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied

A long long time ago ...

On this forum I predicted -in the future -we shall vote not for Polical Partys but Banks - so you could find yourslef voting Barclays RSB rather than Labout or Tory.

The best way to cope with the global financial meltdown - on the basis that if you cant beat them - is for ecah individual to form theiir own Bank with fractal reserve capavlity - all you need is a laptop , a phone and a few big loans later you shall be filling your boots.

Perfect.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    to best prepare yourself for what might be coming begin by reading about what happened last time and who the winners and losers were...

John Kenneth Galbraith - Great Depression of 1929

Dying of Money - Jens what's his name

and the other book

read those

then get some land

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If you want to defend then I'd recommend something better than AK 47.

HTH
    The whole point of an AK 47 is that it is simple and robust. Anyone can maintain it. It can be dropped in mud and water and still be fired. An AK 47 is VERY powerful and will shoot through brick and 4x2. It is not very accurate but in automatic mode, you can't miss.

Modern guns require a lot of maintainence and will jam if not looked after.
    Last edited by Paddy; 4 August 2011, 09:11.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I find that a single dip for approximately 2.5 seconds is most effective, allowing the biscuit to soak up some coffee without compromising structural integrity. Avoid double dipping unless you like drinking the sludge that gathers at the bottom of the mug.
    Ouma Rusk

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I find that a single dip for approximately 2.5 seconds is most effective, allowing the biscuit to soak up some coffee without compromising structural integrity. Avoid double dipping unless you like drinking the sludge that gathers at the bottom of the mug.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Some massive slides so far this morning. FTSE holding up, but banking taking a kicking.

And worse still I was long on Inmarsat FFS!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X