• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accommodation in The Hague"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    It's free for war criminals, long lets only.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    I stayed in a basement flat of a very nice couple in TheresiaStraat (1km east of Central Station) when I was there. Can PM you the details if interested..

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Thanks for all the suggestions, a friend has kindly offered me his apartment while he is away so

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Have a look at some of the xpat sites

expatriates.com - The Hague - Housing Available

also search using Den Haag.

Rooms for Rent - Den haag

When I was there the company supplies apartment so I can't recommend anything.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Anyone got any recommendations for short term lets in the Hague?
    Seb Coe found a nice little spot up his arse, as I recall.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Am flexible on the area as I know the commute will be reasonable.

I would prefer a solid base rather than a hotel as I don't want to be lugging stuff home every weekend.

I'm moving over there permanently so just need summat that can tide me over till I find a decent rental for Mr N, the NorPusses and myself.

If there's any websites or companies that anyone has used that would be useful, have googled a few but there's nowt much about.

Leave a comment:

• craig1
    replied
    Don't rule out the wider area, including Amsterdam, in the search for somewhere good within your budget. Dutch public transport, especially rail, makes good old British public transport seem positively antiquated in standards.

Last time I worked in that area (2005) I managed to negotiate about a 40% reduction in room rate at one of the larger hotels (can't remember the name but can remember the unheated pool). It's worth putting out feelers to the hotels as they're often far more willing to negotiate than the British standard.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Need something for about a month initially.

TIA
    When I worked there I used to head out to Scheveningen and find a B&B. Lots of good pubs and restaurants and a
    multi-screen cinema too. At this time of year I expect it will be busy, it being seaside and all, but it is only a short ride on the bus back into town so worth the short commute IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    started a topic Accommodation in The Hague

Accommodation in The Hague

Need something for about a month initially.

TIA

Working...
X