• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boomed I tell ya!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boomed I tell ya!!"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm sure your landlord thanks you for paying his mortgage for him.
    I can't afford one local house I like so best to keep renting for a couple more years - I'd rather live in a nice rented house than tulip whole that I "own".

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    AtW isn't a commie any more, he's a bad ass capitalist now.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I pay £1000 per month in rent, the next level up after that was around £1600-2000.
    I'm sure your landlord thanks you for paying his mortgage for him.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Anyway, being a commie AtW can't help himself - he is genetically hard-wired to rent cheap apartments!
    I pay £1000 per month in rent, the next level up after that was around £1600-2000.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    BBC News - Alvin Hall: The generation poorer than their parents

"Let's take my own house [which] I bought 16 years ago for £160,000. It's in south-east London. It's now worth about £1.15m.

"So I've gained a million pound windfall to which I do not feel entitled, and that windfall, at the moment, is tax-free. Were I to sell [the house], there's no tax on that gain."

"It may appear very lucky for me, but the reality is when I sell, it will probably be to a younger person who'll be getting a mortgage and spending most of their working life paying off that windfall which went to me. I don't think that's fair."

What do you think sas? Are you weeping for the the young sheeple who'll be paying 1 or 2 million pounds when you sell up, all tax free, villa in Portugal and and a bank account full of wonga?

That stoopid fooker's house is in SE London. So he's not going to get a buyer when it it comes to the crunch since bankers and rich foreign types don't buy there.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    How the flip is she going to find a young buyer with 1.15m going spare though? Surely it's only people with houses that are buying houses at the moment?
    And theres the problem, Timberwolf is right, there is no one at the bottom of the ladder.

Any first time buyer is putting their money into saving for a property but that is not making any further money because the interest is so low so it will take them longer before they can look for an affordable house unless the price comes down and the longer there are no first time buyers the more unsustainble the market becomes becuause there is no one buying the houses from the people looking to sell their house to move up

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    What are YOU waiting for?
    Gold prices to double again, then bam! Big house in Surrey cash!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

"Let's take my own house [which] I bought 16 years ago for £160,000. It's in south-east London. It's now worth about £1.15m.

"So I've gained a million pound windfall to which I do not feel entitled, and that windfall, at the moment, is tax-free. Were I to sell [the house], there's no tax on that gain."

"It may appear very lucky for me, but the reality is when I sell, it will probably be to a younger person who'll be getting a mortgage and spending most of their working life paying off that windfall which went to me. I don't think that's fair."

What do you think sas? Are you weeping for the the young sheeple who'll be paying 1 or 2 million pounds when you sell up, all tax free, villa in Portugal and and a bank account full of wonga?

How the flip is she going to find a young buyer with 1.15m going spare though? Surely it's only people with houses that are buying houses at the moment?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    You are being paid to own a property,
    What are YOU waiting for?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Until the big tranche of cuts takes effect.

Anyway, being a commie AtW can't help himself - he is genetically hard-wired to rent cheap apartments!
    AtW isn't a commie any more, he's a bad ass capitalist now.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    There has never been a better time to be in massive debt, as it puts you in the same boat as the banks and the govt, and they aren't about to make life more difficult for themselves by raising interest rates.

With rampant inflation and zero base rates and QE, we effectively have negative interest rates.

No wonder house prices are rising. You are being paid to own a property, the money coming from savers and the next generation to pay for it.
    I like the description of UK houses as given on HPC - "tulip boxes" A lifetime of saving to get on the mortgage ladder for an overpriced cramped tulip box and possibility the source of financial ruin, unless house prices somehow do stay high and interest rates low forever.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Most people will be weeping for the poor people of Portugal at that point.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Are Wandsworth property prices going to climb due to the arrival of the USA Embassy?

They'll have to as compensation for the streets being filled with the dulcet tones of a Texan drawl.
    Thankfully that's in Battersea miles away from the leafy Toast Rack

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And some areas are recession proof simply because the pool of potential buyers are rich and international
    Are Wandsworth property prices going to climb due to the arrival of the USA Embassy?

They'll have to as compensation for the streets being filled with the dulcet tones of a Texan drawl.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X