• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Germany and France decide to throw more taxpayers money down the Greek black hole"

Collapse

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Don't apologise. Any cursory inspection of your drivel readily indicates that you don't know what fooking day of the week it is.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    sasguru gets another pat on the back from... sasguru - praise indeed, from one fookwit to another
    Sorry mate. The facts speak for themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    sasguru gets another pat on the back from... sasguru - praise indeed, from one fookwit to another

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Sorry I didn't get the exact day right.
    Don't apologise. Any cursory inspection of your drivel readily indicates that you don't know what fooking day of the week it is.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    A week later to present - Bank stocks tank and still falling.
    Anyone who sold bank stocks when I advised did very well.
    Hang on, I'm getting the hang of this.

MTT; price of bauxite is going to go through the roof

Client: when?

MTT; you'll have to pay extra for me to tell you that.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
    A week later to present - Bank stocks tank and still falling.
    Anyone who sold bank stocks when I advised did very well.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    The weather, the food and French transport strikes.

Anyway, Italy is nowehere near going bust. Italy's a bit like one of those aristocrats who wears worn out tweed jackets, drives a bashed up 1970s Range Rover and swears a lot; slight cashflow problem but a tulipload of money tied up in land, art, gold, castles, shares and so on.
    Sounds like me! Lend us a tenner till Monday?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    If Greeks/Spanish/Italians/etc were to become impoverished, what's to stop them turning up on magnet Britain's shores?
    The weather, the food and French transport strikes.

Anyway, Italy is nowehere near going bust. Italy's a bit like one of those aristocrats who wears worn out tweed jackets, drives a bashed up 1970s Range Rover and swears a lot; slight cashflow problem but a tulipload of money tied up in land, art, gold, castles, shares and so on.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Nothing. That's why BTL is the future innit?
    Anyone without a house is doomed though.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    If Greeks/Spanish/Italians/etc were to become impoverished, what's to stop them turning up on magnet Britain's shores?
    Nothing. That's why BTL is the future innit?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    That was suggested by some German newspapers last time round, didn't go down too well in Greekland
    Couldn't they just sell Greece to the Germans as a holiday resort and be done with it ?

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You mean take the Icelandic approach? **** your creditors and debase your currency, then two years later they are all sitting in Michelin starred restaurants and driving £100K 4x4's rather than facing austerity as all the debt is gone.
    That's actually a very good point. Didn't Iceland default on their debts, and then join the Euro?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Or they could leave the Euro, debase their currency to inflate their debt away, while making them more competitive in the tourism market.
    You mean take the Icelandic approach? **** your creditors and debase your currency, then two years later they are all sitting in Michelin starred restaurants and driving £100K 4x4's rather than facing austerity as all the debt is gone.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Alternatively, those greeks rioting about the cuts and lack of tourism due to not being able to compete with Turkey could offer their hotel rooms for free, self catering.

A loss leader to lead the teenage binge drinking hordes back. What's more profitable for the greeks, a week's hotel fee or a week's bar and food bill?

Do a deal with Stelios and they could do ultra cheap package deals. Soon get the money back with the alcohol charges on the plane and on the island.
    Or they could leave the Euro, debase their currency to inflate their debt away, while making them more competitive in the tourism market.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X