• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are nurses a waste of time... apparently so..."

Collapse

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Bet that scares the crap out of the punters; especially when she comes out with the immortal phrase or saying "EXTERMINATE"...
    It's for their own good. Resistance is futile, after all.

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    In which case you should sue your local trust. Mrs Emperor Dalek works in A&E and it is nationwide policy that anyone exhibiting unexplained blood loss is examined as a priority 1 case.

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by cswd
    It's great when you go there at 9PM, get out at 3AM with NO TREATMENT and are told to get in at 11AM the next day when someone is around who can deal with it. Not bad for a 24 hour A+E department? Note the word EMERGENCY.
    You are correct, you should note the word "emergency" in A&E. If you were in a fit state to leave, go home and come back again the following day, it was hardly an emergency was it?

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Not bad for a 24 hour A+E department? Note the word EMERGENCY.
    I believe you have misunderstood what a & E stands for. EMERGENCY does not come into it. Thinka gain about the sevice you received and then apply that to the real meaning of A & E.

oh A&E = Arse & Elbow

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Joking, joking.
    I shal neither confirm nor deny my sexual preferences!

You made I larfff though.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Is that male nurses?

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    It has been my experience that nurses are a dead cert rather than a waste of time
    Joking, joking.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    It has been my experience that nurses are a dead cert rather than a waste of time

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    The hospital trust where mother-in-law works shows signs of the contagious rotting disease 'Bad Management'.

In the admin area where she works there was 1 manager for around 40 staff. The manager is apparently is a useless tosser, who turns up for work around 11am has 2 hours for lunch and is gone by 3:30.

An assessment of his workload and the amount of work he actually completed resulted in another 3 managers employed under the aforementioned waster to do his job for him.

Money well spent if you ask me. Oh you didn't

I'll get my apron

MG

Leave a comment:

• matey
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    I can think of better things to pump into nurses than more of my money.

Male nurses !!!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    They closed down Mansfield Orthopædic hospital and built a load of houses on the site.

World wide renown.

Why?

The younger surgeons didn't like commuting all the way from Nottingham ...

(Straight up)

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by Fortune Green
    Mmmmmm........ nurses.........

Ye Gadzooks man!

Some of these would cure a man of any ailment with just a look (as in he would not want to be ill enough to have to see them)

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by GBH123
    There are two hospitals close to me that are closing down to create a new super hospital.
    Top of the range equipment, but not as many beds?

Some how they have managed reduce the bed count by 50.

Fewer beds and therefore fewer nurses

How does that work

How is that going to help an over stretched NHS
    They have form. This is exactly what happened in Norwich. They closed down the N&N Hospital and West Norfolk hospital. The new hospital had less beds than the two it replaced. Also it was out of town making it difficult to get to without decent public transport and/or a car.

When it opened they did not have enough beds and/or operating theatres and had temporary ones in the car park.

When originally built it was served by a B-Road (they subsequently built a decent road to it).

There is still a bed shortage meaning some patients are having to be treated at the nearby BUPA hospital with the NHS picking up the bill.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    I deleted it. It contained stuff which could get me into some grief if I left it up.
    I'd second that. By the way, it's jeans and T-shirts all round where I'm working - and we're on an NHS project.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I deleted it. It contained stuff which could get me into some grief if I left it up.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Are any of them women?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X