• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "City pours scron on results of European bank stress tests"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    If it was that simple everyone would do it.
    Fact is, you're simple. That's why you're poor.
    Crush a man's dreams won't you.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    But my plan is simple. Gold is rising in price, property is falling. Buy gold, sell gold, buy property.

Too complicated for dullards like sasguru.
    If it was that simple everyone would do it.
    Fact is, you're simple. That's why you're poor.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I kind of agree with this, but only once you have a sizable wedge.
    Getting that wedge in the first place requires nerve and risk taking. Or like me you can just be born at the right time to cash in on a once in century property boom.
    Once you have it be conservative and like you say, take a risk with at most 10%-20%.
    What you need to understand about DIm is that he's stuff is all imaginary. He doesn't even own a property.
    I own one property, my mother in law lives in it. A sort of "keep it in the family" BTL.

But my plan is simple. Gold is rising in price, property is falling. Buy gold, sell gold, buy property.

Too complicated for dullards like sasguru.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Think long term, get rich slowly. If you want some fun, use 10%, then it doesn't affect you or your family if it goes up in smoke...
    I kind of agree with this, but only once you have a sizable wedge.
    Getting that wedge in the first place requires nerve and risk taking. Or like me you can just be born at the right time to cash in on a once in century property boom.
    Once you have it be conservative and like you say, take a risk with at most 10%-20%.
    What you need to understand about DIm is that he's stuff is all imaginary. He doesn't even own a property.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Agreed, it is a bit dull. Fortunately I started 15 years ago so already enjoying the rewards.
    Good luck all...

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Sounds very dull. I'll stick to buying gold, sellling gold and then buying property - all real tangible wealth as opposed to money. Good luck. Enjoy your "paper" wealth in 20 years time.

What's your address for begging letters, Dim?

(it's my plan B)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    No need for a book. Depends on time to retirement but you need to consider the following:
    1. Lowest cost index trackers you can find.
    2. Consider HYP.
    3. Compound interest.
    4. Pound-Cost averaging.
    5. Investment trusts.
    6. Fixed interest (it's dull but a good idea).
    7. HOLD YOUR NERVE !!
    Think long term, get rich slowly. If you want some fun, use 10%, then it doesn't affect you or your family if it goes up in smoke...
    Sounds very dull. I'll stick to buying gold, sellling gold and then buying property - all real tangible wealth as opposed to money. Good luck. Enjoy your "paper" wealth in 20 years time.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    No need for a book. Depends on time to retirement but you need to consider the following:
    1. Lowest cost index trackers you can find.
    2. Consider HYP.
    3. Compound interest.
    4. Pound-Cost averaging.
    5. Investment trusts.
    6. Fixed interest (it's dull but a good idea).
    7. HOLD YOUR NERVE !!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Sounds a bit like amateur hour on here with the - made a few % shouts on this or that share/commodity/currency.
    You are competing with people who have 100times the information you have and pay to get it ahead of you, you won't win long term and are gambling same as on horses. Don't let the odd lucky guess convince you that you have a clue.
    You need a better strategy people or at least something stable for 80-90% of the pot and gamble the rest.
    HTH
    You sound like you are selling a strategy. Can I buy your ebook?

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Sounds a bit like amateur hour on here with the - made a few % shouts on this or that share/commodity/currency.
    You are competing with people who have 100times the information you have and pay to get it ahead of you, you won't win long term and are gambling same as on horses. Don't let the odd lucky guess convince you that you have a clue.
    You need a better strategy people or at least something stable for 80-90% of the pot and gamble the rest.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    You'll be as poor as the rest of us when they nationalise gold deposits (not for the first time)
    DimPrawn says 'I pity d'fool'

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

When I'm a billionaire in Sterling, so some time in the next few months. Printy printy, money is worth tulip.
    You'll be as poor as the rest of us when they nationalise gold deposits (not for the first time)

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Risk sentiment switched to risk-off today and the Euro is plummeting while the $ goes up.

If you have money in shares and are trading short term it's a good idea to watch things like the Euro, the $, S&P/DOW futures, bond yields etc.

I'm short AUD/USD since last week and up 6% on the account now.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Look a bit silly with a van full of gold bars on the counter.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Look a bit silly with a van full of gold bars on the counter.
    Walter Mitty just phoned. He thinks you're a bit of a bulltulipter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X