• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Just got lucky!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just got lucky!"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    On the national lottery A huge chunk of the prize fund is taken up by the £10 win (41%). Personally I'd scrap that and distribute the £10 prize fund onver the 4 and 5 number prizes.

Using the figures from the dwar on 10/02/2010 (for no reason in particular except it was the first I found on my phone)

The breakdown was as follows

Prize Amount Numbers Total Prize Fund
    6 £4,779,389.00 1 £4,779,389.00
    5+1 £81,698.00 18 £1,470,564.00
    5 £1,959.00 469 £918,771.00
    4 £72.00 27789 £2,000,808.00
    3 £10.00 648922 £6,489,220.00
    Total £15,658,752.00

If you split the almost £6.5 million over the 4 and 5 ball wins, in the ration of the current split (31:69) then the winning change to the ones shown below

Prize Amount
    6 £4,779,389.00
    5+1 £81,698.00
    5 £6,313.18
    4 £232.03

I know on the rare occasion that I get 4 I'd be much happier getting £232 instead of £72

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    £65? oh how the winnings have fallen.

I got 4 numbers ages ago when the lottery first started and got £141.
    I think I got about the same the last time I got 4.

Did get five and the bonus in the the very early days (either first or second week) and that was decent

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I also got 4 numbers ages ago, the first ever lottery draw. I won £44.

whoop whoop

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    £65? oh how the winnings have fallen.

I got 4 numbers ages ago when the lottery first started and got £141.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I got 4 and the bonus a few months back, the other 2 numbers were 1 out.

I rarely do the Lotto though.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

Just shy of 65 quid maybe.
    WHS - That's about all my four netted on the one and only occasion they've ever come up.

Face it, it's the jackpot or nothing

(maybe five and the bonus also, although even that is typically only fifty grand or so unless it's a double rollover)

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Just shy of 65 quid maybe.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    started a topic Just got lucky!

Just got lucky!

Just checked last night's lottery ticket and I've had some luck.

I've got 4 numbers! I've got 4 numbers!

Not sure what that will pay out ; just shy of a grand maybe?

Will be putting the winnings towards my big trip to Brooklyn to see my family later in the year.

Bing!

Pacha

Working...
X