• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Last shuttle has launched ..."

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Now it seems that after the last space flight all the US rockets will only be pointing at other humans

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    A crowd of musicians about to arrive for a party couldn't be any worse than that lot.

All these dudes play with a well known orchestra and they're gonna play some of my tunes later in the year

This is a bit of a thank you get together.
    Fingers crossed for no bum notes

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I'm happy if we (or rather the Yanks) can now concentrate on things further afield than near Earth orbit. ..
    It's looking like the Hubble telescope replacement, the James Webb telescope, may be for the chop too.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    CH - you never bloody learn do you, you flippin softie person
    A crowd of musicians about to arrive for a party couldn't be any worse than that lot.

All these dudes play with a well known orchestra and they're gonna play some of my tunes later in the year

This is a bit of a thank you get together.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Good idea, on a safe touchdown.

All welcome to trash my place
    CH - you never bloody learn do you, you flippin softie person

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Why isn't Richard Branson offering to keep it running, like he did the Concorde?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    We should have a farewell party or something.
    Good idea, on a safe touchdown.

All welcome to trash my place

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    ... this makes me glum.

2/135 loss ratio, not bad for what was an experimental craft.
    I'm sorry to see the shuttle go too (Experimental shuttle #1 was the Enterprise). We should have a farewell party or something.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    NASA hasn't had a manned mission out of low Earth orbit since 1972. Not going to happen anytime soon

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    One unmanned test flight but nobody died at least!
    Well to be fair it would have been difficult for anyone to have died on a single unmanned test flight.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Here's the Soviet version, as near to the Shuttle as the TU-144 was to Concorde. Was called 'Buran' - Russian for 'Blizzard'. One unmanned test flight but nobody died at least! Hangar catastrophe crushed it....

Aerospaceweb.org | Ask Us - Soviet Buran Space Shuttle

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'm happy if we (or rather the Yanks) can now concentrate on things further afield than near Earth orbit. The Moon for instance. And carry on where Kennedy left off.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    He was eyeing up a parking space in Knightsbridge the other day. Hmm...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    He'd probably prefer to park it in an allotment in Hackney Marshes so he can claim to finally have a London pad.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Maybe DimPrawn could buy one and keep it flying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X