• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Euro has already failed ...."

Collapse

• russell
    replied
    Sounds like sas has gambled his life savings, selling the euro hoping for a crash.

Now he's sweating because he's realised the euro is still strong after all problems in Greece.

I would kiss that 2k goodbye dude, your dream of paying off your mortgage before you get to 70 is now back in lottery ticket land.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    In the US and the UK policies are arguably skewed in favour of the underclass since middle class savers are being hit by low interest rates and inflation.
    In the Euro area, policy is being run for the rich countries to the detriment of the poorer ones.

HTH
    People aren't countries though. What exactly are you comparing?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Do you think I'd make it as a recruitment agent?
    you are certainly stubborn enough and you do not give in .. I reckon you are about perfect.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    In some small way, yes.

When we've been unable to maintain colonies the strategy seems to be import the world's population onto our tiny little island.

No one is forcing the UK to be part of the EU yet it is accepted and is beneficial. You'd be starving now if it were not for those eastern europeans picking your crops.
    You know I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that you're one of the CUK cretins.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    They are not facts they are cliches

Do you think I'd make it as a recruitment agent?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Eh? Are you saying that the UK still hankers after colonial rule? Of whom?

I'd say the opposite. Most of the UK wants to avoid being made a colony of a federal Europe.
    In some small way, yes.

When we've been unable to maintain colonies the strategy seems to be import the world's population onto our tiny little island.

No one is forcing the UK to be part of the EU yet it is accepted and is beneficial. You'd be starving now if it were not for those eastern europeans picking your crops.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    That is an argument for Scottish independence and their own floating currency.

If Scots' circumstances are so different, it seems harsh to impose the fiscal policies of a much wealthier state on them.

Agreed. The same can be said for Northern England, not just Scotland.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Not resorting, reporting fact.

The pound is shrinking as is the country with threat of union breakup, through no fault other than our own.

This is not an argument for the euro this is self destruction of a country that thinks colonially rule is fit for the modern world. The euro is wonderful because it offer change from that thinking, which is most refreshing.
    Eh? Are you saying that the UK still hankers after colonial rule? Of whom?

I'd say the opposite. Most of the UK wants to avoid being made a colony of a federal Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Lets take Greenwich and Greenock, one might say the equilibrium that exists between harmonious.

Life expectancy, 85 - 52

Average wage, £13K - £33K

Only in our warped little kingdom would we call this equilibrium.
    That is an argument for Scottish independence and their own floating currency.

If Scots' circumstances are so different, it seems harsh to impose the fiscal policies of a much wealthier state on them.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    What a waste of time you spent writing all that.

I never said I supported what has happened, or argued in support of the single currency. I'm talking about the consequences. The facts the likely outcomes of those facts. I'm not into polities like you guys, why is that so hard for you to understand?

My post are about facts not speculation, if's and maybes.
    They are not facts they are cliches

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I tell you what, the eurostat website is a brain eating data vortex. You can get lost for hours in there

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Are you making the case that Sterling and the US dollar are also abject failures
    In the US and the UK policies are arguably skewed in favour of the underclass since middle class savers are being hit by low interest rates and inflation.
    In the Euro area, policy is being run for the rich countries to the detriment of the poorer ones.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Couple of things I don't get.

1) It's a global economy, so to understand what is or might happen to the Euro we would have to look further afield than our own back yard. Shirley?

2) Russia, Iran, Chile etc have all dumped the dollar in favour of trading oil in Euros. They're not likely to do that if they thought the euro was going to collapse.

3) The global elite (Bilderberg group) had the european union as their pet project since the 1960s and are unlikely to let it fail. To bail out a country to them is pocket change, albeit I can see Greece is already dead to them.

4) It appears to me that the bankers are just using delaying tactics to defer defaults. This can't happen for ever, but you kind of wonder whether anyone actually knows what to do, and instead just keep raising debt thresholds in a vain attempt to delay the inevitable. (The US for example)

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Lets take Greenwich and Greenock, one might say the equilibrium that exists between harmonious.

Life expectancy, 85 - 52

Average wage, £13K - £33K

Only in our warped little kingdom would we call this equilibrium.
    You keep banging on like a stuck record without saying why this is relevant.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Can a currency which now leaves 40% of its population disenfranchised be really said to have succeeded?
    Are you making the case that Sterling and the US dollar are also abject failures

Leave a comment:

Working...
X